House fire help

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever you have to help keep your parameters stable. Thermometer and refractometer are two things that come to mind. Any test kits you might have.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry!!!
I agree with the above. Do you have a local fish store or local reef club that can help?

Glad you're ok and that you were able to save most of your fish... I don't think I'd have the foresight to do the same in a fire.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this is sucks. Best thing I can say is worry about your family I know our fish and corals are important however your family will need stability and support. A quick little setup like a qt tank will suffice until you have a minute to process everything.
Good luck man!

OP
OP
C

Clutchiee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever you have to help keep your parameters stable. Thermometer and refractometer are two things that come to mind. Any test kits you might have.
I did swipe the refractometer, and have the api saltwater test kit. No thermometer but i have a preset heater. Thanks for your help

OP
OP
C

Clutchiee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this is sucks. Best thing I can say is worry about your family I know our fish and corals are important however your family will need stability and support. A quick little setup like a qt tank will suffice until you have a minute to process everything.
Good luck man!
Yes everyone is ok and mentally we are great. I just started this hobby 3 months ago so everything is still pretty new to me. I’ve never had to move fish or setup a quarantine, but thank God yesterday I bought a smaller backup tank just in case.

I think the fish will be fine with the filter, heater, and water until I figure out how to continue. I am going to ask my lfs if they can hold the coral until I get a proper temporary tank setup (tank is currently on the floor) at my dad’s house.

OP
OP
C

Clutchiee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really sucks, keep warm and in good spirits, we will keep you in thoughs and prayers!
Yes that is really helpful. Thank Christ I love him more than anything in this world so I’m not really phased about this. In fact actually this is very nice change of pace and in trouble there is always something to hope for which is a blessing. Thank you.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow glad you are ok. Did you take all that during the fire or you mean you salvaged what you could after?

Just curious because my poor fish would be rip as I would be getting my butt out.

Glad everyone is okay!

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also glad you're okay. What started the fire?

joefishtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did swipe the refractometer, and have the api saltwater test kit. No thermometer but i have a preset heater. Thanks for your help
NP if people annoy you as much as they annoy me you can click unwatch and I'll still be here if theres anything I can do to help.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is really helpful. Thank Christ I love him more than anything in this world so I’m not really phased about this. In fact actually this is very nice change of pace and in trouble there is always something to hope for which is a blessing. Thank you.
Praying for you and your family in this time of need.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back