How Big is your frag SETUP

Francoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been interested in starting my own Frag Setup and would like to know what are most of you heavy hitters using as a Tank Setup.

What size tank?

How many Gallons?

Do you use Frag Racks if so what do you use?

And the Fun one

WHAT ARE YOU GROWING???

kilgoretrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two 90G tanks that come off my main display. The 90Gs are 48"x36"x12". I mostly grow stuff I get from other hobbyist. I try to buy nicer pieces from local people and grow them out. Then I am able to trade for other nicer pieces. I used to use light diffusers but I ended up just growing larger pieces versus frags, so I got rid of them. I grow whatever I have in my display. I like just to have copies of copies. It looks cool to me.

reefjunkie45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four 60 gallon deep blue tanks. I drilled my own acrylic. 1200 holes each.
fragtanks12.jpg

ether

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four 60 gallon deep blue tanks. I drilled my own acrylic. 1200 holes each.

This is fantastic. Can you share a little more about the setup? You must be selling these to someone, correct? Online store or more informal? What's the system for fragging/propagation? Looks like you're running a variety of lights - any particular reason?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a standard 10 gallon plumbed into my Display tank :D

Lit inadequately by a single AI PrimeHD, and its full of the mid-tier SPS I don't want anymore (turning brown) and is primarily a zoa farm full of 3" tiles with zoas on them.

Last edited:

sandybottom73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At risk of jumping in. What lighting so you use for your frag tanks. I have my main DT and a separate zoa dominated frag tank of just 32 gallon. I struggle with lighting and currently am running 2x hydra 52’s. Thinkingnof changing as I can’t seem to get on with them. Water parimeters are good but growth is slow. Any suggestions from you guys would be appriciated.
Thanks all

Last edited:
Back