How Big is your frag SETUP

Discussion in 'Propagation, Packing, and Shipping Discussion' started by Francoreef, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Francoreef

Francoreef Member Build Thread Contributor

I have been interested in starting my own Frag Setup and would like to know what are most of you heavy hitters using as a Tank Setup.

What size tank?

How many Gallons?

Do you use Frag Racks if so what do you use?

And the Fun one

WHAT ARE YOU GROWING???

2. kilgoretrout

kilgoretrout Active Member R2R Supporter

I use two 90G tanks that come off my main display. The 90Gs are 48"x36"x12". I mostly grow stuff I get from other hobbyist. I try to buy nicer pieces from local people and grow them out. Then I am able to trade for other nicer pieces. I used to use light diffusers but I ended up just growing larger pieces versus frags, so I got rid of them. I grow whatever I have in my display. I like just to have copies of copies. It looks cool to me.

3. reefjunkie45

reefjunkie45 Member

I have four 60 gallon deep blue tanks. I drilled my own acrylic. 1200 holes each. fragtanks12.jpg

4. pompeyjohn

pompeyjohn Active Member Build Thread Contributor

The way you have numbered the columns on the bottom trim of the tank is absolute genius.

reefjunkie45 likes this.
  5. ether

ether Member

This is fantastic. Can you share a little more about the setup? You must be selling these to someone, correct? Online store or more informal? What's the system for fragging/propagation? Looks like you're running a variety of lights - any particular reason?

sandybottom73 likes this.
  6. Rakie

Rakie POSSIBLY BANNED R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Mine is a standard 10 gallon plumbed into my Display tank :D

Lit inadequately by a single AI PrimeHD, and its full of the mid-tier SPS I don't want anymore (turning brown) and is primarily a zoa farm full of 3" tiles with zoas on them.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  7. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

8. sandybottom73

sandybottom73 Member

At risk of jumping in. What lighting so you use for your frag tanks. I have my main DT and a separate zoa dominated frag tank of just 32 gallon. I struggle with lighting and currently am running 2x hydra 52’s. Thinkingnof changing as I can’t seem to get on with them. Water parimeters are good but growth is slow. Any suggestions from you guys would be appriciated.
    Thanks all

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted