How close to the surface do you have rock?

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
224
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I started on the minimal side with rock and have slowly been adding to fill in here and there... my question is how close to the surface do you have rock?

Thanks!
 
I can't find them at the moment, but there are a couple island reefs on here that have the rock come up out of the water o_O so I would say go as close as youd like :)
 
I have rocks on one of my islands that are just a few inches below the surface.

The corals at the top are out of the water whenever I turn the main pump off for a water change, so they don’t like anything over 30 minutes or so!
 
Cool - Thanks everyone.
 
My buddy incorporated a waterfall in his tank. So a good portion of a few rock were out of the water with no issues.
 
Would love to see some pictures of these tanks you all speak of. Never thought of having rocks come out of the water that is awesome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new