How do i navigate this place?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Dez and I've been keeping aqauriums my whole life. I've only done freshwater and have many years of planted tank experience under my belt (see attached photo) but I want to get into saltwater and I'm going to build a 20 gallon long next summer. I need help though lol I don't know what I'm doing.....

1. How do you navigate this site? I can't find where there is a list of the forums so you can choose where to post. Are you supposed to just search for the right forum and go from there? There's gotta be an easier way.
2. Corals, I want to do clowfish and maybe a blenny with shrimp and snails as well. (I volunteer at an aqaurium and one of the aquarist suggested clownfish and blennys) I know anemones can be aggressive and hard to deal with so suggestions? I'd like soft corals as well.
3. I want to do hob filter maybe aquclear 30? I don't know the amount of flow I'd need so should I get a power head as well or is that too much and an airstone would be fine?
3. Lastly lighting. I'll spend 200 on lighting and want something that keeps my tank happy and healthy.

Again sorry but I can't find a list of forums to post in so here we are. Nice to meet everyone!

20221201_095132.jpg
Welcom to the R2R forums! Long time freshwater guy here as well. After setting up my dream tank for fresh, a discus community, decided to take the plunge so to speak and try a small reef tank last fall. The sites pretty easy to navigate, and I spent some time clicking around to check things out. Big thing is as others have said , take your time, be patient, and yes get as big a tank as you can afford and fit in. I went from a 16 gallon to a 30 pretty quick and presently have a 60 gallon all in one (AIO). Most of all have fun!
1C59EC45-C205-4971-8C12-911D7370A428.jpeg

OP
OP
Dezbian

Dezbian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcom to the R2R forums! Long time freshwater guy here as well. After setting up my dream tank for fresh, a discus community, decided to take the plunge so to speak and try a small reef tank last fall. The sites pretty easy to navigate, and I spent some time clicking around to check things out. Big thing is as others have said , take your time, be patient, and yes get as big a tank as you can afford and fit in. I went from a 16 gallon to a 30 pretty quick and presently have a 60 gallon all in one (AIO). Most of all have fun!
1C59EC45-C205-4971-8C12-911D7370A428.jpeg
Can't do bigger than a 20 unfortunately that's as big as I can go for now so nano reef for me it is.

OP
OP
Dezbian

Dezbian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R! We’re glad you joined! You’re going to rock reef-keeping if your planted tank is any indication. Bravo on being patient too! It will take you far in this hobby! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread when the time comes. I definitely want to see pictures. Don’t be afraid to ask questions either. The only stupid question is one that’s never asked.
I will start one as soon as I'm up and running....I assume rock reef keeping means corals?

Back