How do I run my ATK from my garage, to my tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is in my living room, with no room under the tank for a ATO container. I have my RODI hooked up to brutes in the garage, plan on running the lines under the house to the tank. How though do I accomplish this? What cables do I need to extend, and where do I put the module?

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is the apex from your sump? Also how far are the RODI containers from the sump?

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is the apex from your sump? Also how far are the RODI containers from the sump?
Apex is only a couple feet from the sump. About 40' from the containers to sump.

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The max you can run the Pmup is 20’ with 1 link. You could find a closer place for another ATO container and just buy 1 link extension cable or you could tee off the rodi line direct to your sump with a solenoid but most would not suggest the latter.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The max you can run the Pmup is 20’ with 1 link. You could find a closer place for another ATO container and just buy 1 link extension cable or you could tee off the rodi line direct to your sump with a solenoid but most would not suggest the latter.
Actually 30' was just a guess, Now that I think about it I would guess it's close to 20'. So I would need a 1 link extension? What about having to extend these?

IMG_1188.JPG

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The module would go under your tank near your sump. So the only cable you need to extend is the Pmup. And then run a ro line from Pmup to the ATK. Here is the cable
89e13dd17e8cf906a53c317f69903b1b.png

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The module would go under your tank near your sump. So the only cable you need to extend is the Pmup. And then run a ro line from Pmup to the ATK. Here is the cable
89e13dd17e8cf906a53c317f69903b1b.png
Thanks so much. I'll take some measurements today to make sure.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's further than 20'... no way to stretch that 1link?

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would work best I think. And you could run a ro line to that container with two float switches or optical sensor to control a solenoid to fill that container automatically from your ro.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would work best I think. And you could run a ro line to that container with two float switches or optical sensor to control a solenoid to fill that container automatically from your ro.
Why two float switches?

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and low. Solenoid would open when low switch is activated and close when hi was activated. If you use one you solenoid would constantly go on and off.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and low. Solenoid would open when low switch is activated and close when hi was activated. If you use one you solenoid would constantly go on and off.
How exactly? Are you talking about a standard float switch from BRS, Which I don’t think you are, because how would the solenoid (RODI turn on?) activate when the low float is engaged?

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a SpectraPure ATO water meter pump that has a precision water level detector, an emergency cut off switch, and can draw even Kalk water from any distance up to a 40 ft height (mine only needs to rise 6 feet). It will pull RO water anywhere you like. I have had mine running for 8 months flawlessly. I use it for ATO and also for doing semi-automatic water changes: I siphon the tank water out into a sink manually, then switch a valve closing off the ATO reservoir to let the water pump draw new salt water from my Brute behind the garage, about a 45 foot distance and a 12 foot vertical climb. This fills the tank automatically until the level indicator shuts off the SpectraPure meter pump. A good solution for about $270 or so. I do partial water changes daily in 15 seconds. I find this a better solution than using a controller because some days I want to siphon more or less water from the tank. The corals are all doing fine, too.

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use BRS float switch with apex breakout box and program a solenoid in the apex or you can use apex optical sensors that plug in to 3 and 4 on the FMM for the ATK to control a solenoid. What apex do you have 2016 or classic.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use BRS float switch with apex breakout box and program a solenoid in the apex or you can use apex optical sensors that plug in to 3 and 4 on the FMM for the ATK to control a solenoid. What apex do you have 2016 or classic.
I have the 2016

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I use for tubing? Standard Neptune tubing Work?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back