How do y'all afford the hobby?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I send out thousands of emails daily to people saying I'm going to post what I've recorded from their pc/phone camera unless they send me bitcoin. Turns out to be a very lucrative business!

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nailed it. Too many people drinking the reef Koolaid. Costs can be contained by avoiding all the bougie gear, overpriced glass boxes, etc.
Nailed it. Too many people drinking the reef Koolaid. Costs can be contained by avoiding all the bougie gear, overpriced glass boxes, etc.
I fell into this. I bought a big tank and all the equipment only to find out 2 mo in I can’t afford to keep the tank going. Very sad indeed

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I send out thousands of emails daily to people saying I'm going to post what I've recorded from their pc/phone camera unless they send me bitcoin. Turns out to be a very lucrative business!

I just got a text from "M&T bank" (with whom I do not have an account) with my bill access code, and a strange link to click if I did not request a bill access code.

Was this you? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t I’m in debt over it!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: JK! Seriously though this hobby is expensive and takes planning but I will say most people throw out the budget and just save for it. Or if you’re like me you need to stop going to the fish store and spending a hundred or more a week lol. And even though I have a nano it has cost me several thousand dollars because I bought everything new and I love tech so it has a full Apex.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like u got neurosurgery done on yourself to justify the costs ?
Lol
...and of course sometimes I mix em and put ketchup on it. White man's hot sauce lol
S

I think they mean they donated their prefrontal cortex. Now they just don't care about spending all their money on a glass box filled with water.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into the hobby as a 10-year-old kid, nearly 30 years ago. I grew up poor, and it odd jobs to earn a few dollars to be able to buy fish and had a very basic 20 gallon glass set up. I bought everything used or given away. There are a lot of good deals I’d you look for them because this hobby has a 99% turnover rate in the first 1-3 years.

took a 10 year hiatus in my 20s, was blessed to start what has become an international enterprise, and now I don’t have to worry about what the hobby costs.

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they mean they donated their prefrontal cortex. Now they just don't care about spending all their money on a glass box filled with water.
It would actually make more sense. But in fact the long course and hours spent to become this may have damaged my brain enough to get prepared to the hobby….

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back