How do yall feed your harlquin shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddc0715
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
616
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my harlquin shrimp has done a bang u job against my astria star problem. So now what? I want to keep it, but putting whole chip stars in the tank seems overkill on feeding. And could be a no2 or ammonia. Problem. If it kills the star an only eats a fraction of it. Thoughts or ideas.
 
hi can keep c chip in sump cut off small pieces as needed.
 
I've heard that. But how much and how often
Borrow asterinas as most are happy to rid of them or simply drop in a choc chip star. They will flip it over and feed off of it until gone. . . roughly every 4-6 weeks (not bad)
 
i would recommend if c chip 1 leg at a time
 
I bought a Chip star today. So I'm gauging now which limb to cut off. Lol.
 
One limb a weekish. Have to keep an eye on the leg to make sure it doesn't decay and pollute your tank.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new