How do you breed clownfish?

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I currently have 2 clownfish and was looking to breed them in the future. I have 1 Black Ocellaris clown and 1 percula clown. The black ocellaris is the female. Is it possible to breed the two considering they are different kinds of clowns? Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I currently have 2 clownfish and was looking to breed them in the future. I have 1 Black Ocellaris clown and 1 percula clown. The black ocellaris is the female. Is it possible to breed the two considering they are different kinds of clowns? Thanks!
It will happen naturally granted you're providing the correct conditions. Once eggs are fertilized they need to be transferred to a separate tank. There's a lot of information in the breeding forum.

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will happen naturally granted you're providing the correct conditions. Once eggs are fertilized they need to be transferred to a separate tank. There's a lot of information in the breeding forum.
How do you know if the clownfish is pregnant though?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know if the clownfish is pregnant though?
You will notice the eggs. Before that you will notice them clearing an area. Requires both the tank and fish to mature for quite a while. Ample food and good conditions.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are about 3 now and haven't laid eggs.

robertifly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a mated pair of true percula that I've had at least 6 yrs and they have laid beautiful sets of eggs in the community tank and they will grow to almost little fish size then just disappear I suspect they become a meal for the other inhabitants or hatch then get eaten. I think the only way to actually grow off fish is in a dedicated tank and special care that I'm just not wanting to do, good luck!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back