How do you get rid of bubble algae?

Paul t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a easy way to get rid of most algae including bubble, make a thick mixture of kalkwasser and cover the bubbles with this using a big syringe, may take a few tries but it will work on all nuisance algae, mushrooms, aiptasia, star polyps, invasive ugly corals etc. if it has a mouth inject into the mouth. my entire back wall and over flow is covered with green star polyps but it tends to grow onto the rocks, just give it a taste of this stuff keeps it in control.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the big bubbles growing in the rocks. When it runs out of space, they pop. So removing them is impossible. I have them everywhere. Places I can't even thinking about getting to. Even in the refugium. I tried emerald crabs, they didn't help. I have a foxface, 6 tangs. Nobody touches the stuff. UV may be my only option. How do you get the proper flow rate thru the UV? Run a separate pump?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you pop them make sure you have eye covering.. I took some out of the thank to pop that was in the middle of zoa's and it hit me in the eye,.. Zoas are toxic and I got pretty sick...

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not hear from anyone, I've kept saltwater tanks for 20+ years so I learned it from experience. It only makes sense, say you manually pop the bubble algae or an Emerald crab pops the bubble algae what have you either way what do you get? free floating spores. So you need to kill the spores...BOOM! UV sterilizer. I have personally eradicated 3 tanks of bubble algae. Give it a shot it works!!! :thumb:

Can you recommend a size/type of UV for a 150 reef to help with bubble algae?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few valonia tank challenges pictured in threads where we beat it by killing it with peroxide around the nontargets within the tank, some use as last resort.

Last edited:

jfoster38122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read of a product called Vibrant Reef that is supposed to rid your tank of BA
it's 28 bux on Amazon and I think I'm gonna try it out

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back