How do you pronounce certain aquarium terms?

I'm still not calling them mon-tip-rahs...everyone would look at me like I was speaking gibberish.

Or they will feel silly for saying it wrong all that time. One of the local coral farms pronounced it the correct way and I thought to myself "Oops, I have been saying it wrong. I am such a newb."
 
How about Kole, as in Yellow Eye Kole tang? Since Kole is a Hawaiian word, I've been saying it "Ko-lee", but I've heard it pronounced "coal" as well.
 
just a reefer

A CROP ORA and AHC CRO PORA The way one pronounces it tells others if you are a scientist or just a reefer. Dose it really matter? As long as we know what we mean when we say it. Its all good and besides that you'll here the mumble from LFS owners. Hey is that a crop ora #4 hair cut?
 
lol before I saw the post, I was going to say chaetomorpha. Everyone says 'cheeto', so I have to say it sometimes just to keep the conv going lol, but often, I do correct them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new