How do you stop someone from private messaging you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyMusil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently shared my negative experience with WWC and getting a damaged half dead frag.
A member on here, The Camaro Show commented about how I am new to this forum. Which is true and unrelated to my post. Whatever. But then he proceeded to private message me trying to sell me his “high End” corals. Super cringy and desperate.
I was trying to find a way to block the member from messaging me about buying whatever crap he was selling. Because I am indeed new to this forum, I Was wondering if there is a way to block spam messages?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Block them.
Click on their name and when pop up window( same window to start conversation), you will see "IGNORE"

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently shared my negative experience with WWC and getting a damaged half dead frag.
A member on here, The Camaro Show commented about how I am new to this forum. Which is true and unrelated to my post. Whatever. But then he proceeded to private message me trying to sell me his “high End” corals. Super cringy and desperate.
I was trying to find a way to block the member from messaging me about buying whatever crap he was selling. Because I am indeed new to this forum, I Was wondering if there is a way to block spam messages?
Lol he has a great tank most on here strive for... just sayin

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It sucks to be new and feel the way you do Im sorry you do feel that way.....He was very pleasant to me and he does have some nice corals and a couple that are really hard to find in not impossible....i know you don't care now but in the future connections are a lot in this hobby and community.

Im sad his offerings were taken by you the way they were. This hobby is supposed to be fun and enjoyable and I'm sure Camero show wasn't trying to make you feel that way.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camaro show ain't the problem.

He asked if you were new because you paid $50 for pulsing xenia when you can typically get it for free locally, something only an experienced reefer might know. The consensus of your thread was the xenia was perfectly fine and the vendor flaming was unwarranted, now you post this...

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, if you wish to no longer see posts or receive PM's from another member, simply put them on Ignore
20200703_210658.jpg

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after reading a handful of your messages....it’s definitely not camero. You’re a very aggressive person.

OP
OP
TroyMusil

TroyMusil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sucks to be new and feel the way you do Im sorry you do feel that way.....He was very pleasant to me and he does have some nice corals and a couple that are really hard to find in not impossible....i know you don't care now but in the future connections are a lot in this hobby and community.

Im sad his offerings were taken by you the way they were. This hobby is supposed to be fun and enjoyable and I'm sure Camero show wasn't trying to make you feel that way.
How very dramatic. Lol
Thanks for the random message. It is weird how many people on here care about how long they have been a member of this site. Do you get paid for saying that? Haha, Seems like a worthless piece of information. But whatever, you are correct, I don’t care how your experience was with him. Still don’t want his unwarranted messages. Learn how to be professional, It’s that simple.
spare me your guilt trip. I don’t love Herpetology and and Ichtyology because off you. I love and enjoy the hobby because of me and what I enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back