How is your UV Sterilizer setup?

tableforglasses

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am redoing my sump system and putting in a Bashsea and i was just curious how every has their UV sterilizers set up? I currently have a pump in my sump where the overflow section is that sends it to my UV Sterlizer and then to the return portion of my sump. How do you all have yours setup? Feel free to post pics.
 
Following! I've only had one UV sterilizer in my hobby career and that was to combat algae but I set it up like you did.

What's your primary reason for running UV?
 
Definitley to combat algae and help with water clarity. I also read in research that it can help reduce diseases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new