how long do you wait.

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so quick question how long do you wait when your selling corals and someone says they want something but than doesnt get back to you. How long do you wait before you take off pending and sell to someone else. Is it first pay first get or do you validate holding??

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learn the hard way...It's first pay first gets, but you should indicate that when you start the thread.

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone people dont come back. i would wait a day. did you all not chat about a when this person might get back to you. overnight or maybe even a day.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I hate it, but it's first to pay. I have had many, many people leave me hanging.

OP
OP
tc269

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they said they wanted so and so and was going to think of other things they might want. i said ok let me know and said what shipping would be about and they never got back.

Another person said they wanted two things and they were going to see if a friend wanted some stuff to. I sent what shipping would be.. they never got back.. I saw they were on line so I sent anouther message asking if they really wanted the stuff they said and they never got back.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all about first payment unless you have an agreement with the person that you are waiting on.
If someone states that they want a coral but someone else is willing to pay right away then its only fair to the person that is willing to put out the money to get the coral. Its unfortunate but a persons word does not mean much any more.

OP
OP
tc269

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well now i feel like a little bit of a prick someone had money right now so i did what you guys said and sold the corals. The other person never did get back to me and only sent me two messages.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd probably wait no more than 24 hours

OP
OP
tc269

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd probably wait no more than 24 hours

oops I waited like 7 hours. Everyone else had money and everything went smooth its just 2 people that didnt respond right away all other 8 did.

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well now i feel like a little bit of a prick someone had money right now so i did what you guys said and sold the corals. The other person never did get back to me and only sent me two messages.

I wouldn't feel that bad. If you saw the person online then they obviously got your message thanks to "Revh's awesome site":tongue: but money talks. Another reason may be, did you list the price of the pieces up front or did they have to PM to get them? If they weren't posted, they may not have liked the price you gave them and chose not to give a courtesy no thank you.

OP
OP
tc269

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
corals prices were posted but shipping was not. I thought maybe he didnt like the shipping cost. 52 dollars from wisconsin to cali overnight. I think I would back out too but I always say no thanks Ill back out.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oops I waited like 7 hours. Everyone else had money and everything went smooth its just 2 people that didnt respond right away all other 8 did.

Meh, I wouldn't sweat it...

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
corals prices were posted but shipping was not. I thought maybe he didnt like the shipping cost. 52 dollars from wisconsin to cali overnight. I think I would back out too but I always say no thanks Ill back out.

Or maybe he had to go to the chiropractor from looking at the pics too long :wink::tongue:

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on the communication. Just because it says they are online doesn't mean they are. sometimes it takes a bit to show you logged off. Sometimes like me they leave their computer on. So I think it would come down to a case by case scenario. However, I like to wait 24hrs before moving on as well.

Eric

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%

Back