How long does Instant Ocean salt last?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bao
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2012
Messages
95
Reaction score
33
Location
Boston, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I want to buy about 20 boxes of "Instant Ocean Sea Salt - 200 gal" and use it for 2-3 years. I can store them in my house where it is dry.

So how long to they last?
Is this a good idea to buy many bags and use it for years or they will expired and become useless?

Thanks,
Bao
 
I think some settling may occur, but I do not think the salt expires. I would think an email to IO might yield more reliable answers.
 
why do you need to buy that many? unless you can get it at dirt cheap.
These salt always on sale all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new