How many flow sensors do you run?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people are judgmental on this one... lol.
Is it overkill? Probably. Part of why so much is because I had 1 kit on my old setup, and really like know that water was flowing through my 1 return line properly. It came with the 2 1/2" sensors also, so I put them on reactors, since they had nowhere else to go (and its cheaper to buy the kit than the FMM and 1" sensor alone). Then, when I upgraded, I wanted a sensor on each return (again, to know that water was flowing properly, especially when I am out of town). So just bought another kit (again, pricing) and hooked it up. I did buy 1 extra to hook to the Emergency drain. Again, just so I can know if my main drains aren't flowing enough and need someone to take a look at it. Each has their function. Sure the 'manifold' 1/2" sensors can easily be left off, but I have them, so why not know what flow is going through (and it would surprise you what the numbers are, compared to what your pump says it runs at...)

Overkill?
One thing I've learned about keeping a reef tank, You can never monitor whats happing too much.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of mine leak, it seems to be a daily fight, as much as I love them I hate them as well. I have tried tape, and the paste but still leak.

did you use the included adapters? The threading on the sensor itself is not NPT, it is the British BSPT

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 5 right now, but have 3 more, just need to move some of the fish out of the biocube 32 to get more space for the apex gear.

Make sure you dont submerse them. Made that mistake.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back