How many of you using our marketplace are being asked to pay with unprotected forms of payment (i.e. Zelle, CashApp, PayPal Friends and Family, etc.)?

Have you been asked by a seller to pay with unprotected forms of payment?

• Yes, but not recently

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Yes, recently

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • No.

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the thread)

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, what are the accepted forms of payment then? Paypal? Credit card? Cash in person?

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m so over PayPal. I’m not about to pay 3% for your safety then get taxed on goods I already paid tax on and selling for a loss. No one’s got time for that paper trail To prove otherwise. not too keen on the policy. People need to shop at their own risk Not be stupid and ask for phone numbers etc and vet the seller on big ticket items.

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so over PayPal. I’m not about to pay 3% for your safety then get taxed on goods I already paid tax on and selling for a loss. No one’s got time for that paper trail To prove otherwise. not too keen on the policy. People need to shop at their own risk Not be stupid and ask for phone numbers etc and vet the seller on big ticket items.
Something a scammer would say

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know why I’m not able to post onto the marketplace?
Hi! You have full ability to post in the marketplace. PM me with what issues you're having, and I'll do my best to help.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think asking for a phone # is going to prevent fraud?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait, what are the accepted forms of payment then? Paypal? Credit card? Cash in person?
In-person transactions can use anything agreed upon by buyer and seller. Shipped sales must use payment forms that offer buyer protection (i.e. PayPal and Venmo goods and services options).

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW, you are welcome to use any methods you choose for in-person transactions. These rules do apply to all shipped items. We understand it is viewed as inconvenient by some, but due to issues with scams, we must insist on this policy for all selling that occurs on our platform.

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure how 3% eats into profits and paying tax that is required , should talk to an accountant especially if you doing so many sales. As a potential customer I would spend my money else where if a business did not care about my protection. Too many red flags

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure how 3% eats into profits and paying tax that is required , should talk to an accountant especially if you doing so many sales. As a potential customer I would spend my money else where if a business did not care about my protection. Too many red flags
To break it down - if you bought equipment for $1,000, 2 years later decided to sell it for $600, should you pay income tax on that $600 as it’s seen as pure profit if you don’t have original receipts of the original $1,000 purchase?

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To break it down would I pay $600 with no buyer protection to somebody on the internet... nope

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea bro it's simple never send a zelle to someone you don't know. Literally tells tells you everytime you open zelle

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back