• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT MARKETPLACE INFORMATION FIRST

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

cmor1701d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to post in WTB dry goods section and I'm getting the 2 prefixes message. I thought that was only for selling.
Btw, I just completed the payment for supporting member in addition becoming a partner member a couple of days ago.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to sell my tank but I'm getting this message what do I do

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The minimum number of prefixes requirement for this forum (3) has not been met.
Screenshot_20221021-203250.png

AngryInch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna list some micro brittle stars, trochus snails and rainbow gems, what would be a fair price for trochus snails and micro brittle stars?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna list some micro brittle stars, trochus snails and rainbow gems, what would be a fair price for trochus snails and micro brittle stars?
There's a forum for how to price things... Search there and maybe someone already posted the info you want :)

Kediil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thank you for the message!

In order to offer a small measure of security and protection for our membership we require all members who wish to sell or trade in the marketplace to be a member for at least 30 days and have at least 25 forum posts.

I hope you understand and thank you for being a member of R2R!
It would be very nice (though it may not be possible?) to allow people to use a verification method, like ID.me, to allow selling with less than a 30 day, 25 post minimum. Though I do understand wanting people to be a part of the community and not just voiceless sellers.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to search by Location?
Yes, when on a specific sales forum (livestock or equipment), use the search feature and type in the state you're interested in. Then choose "This forum" and click Search.

Screenshot_20221217-195243.png

Screenshot_20221217-195235~2.png

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm new here. I'm don't understand shipping. Does 'shipping available' mean it is included or that shipping is available if you pay extra for it?
It means the seller is prepared to ship. Has the shipping containers, and knows how to prepare postage, etc.
The seller will say in the thread what he is going to charge for shipping either separately or just a total price for the item shipped.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What constitutes a post. Because I have been active over 30 days and my account shows 26 posts
Sometimes it takes a while for the system to click.
It doesn't automatically happen when you make that 25th post.
Sometimes it helps to tag a mod, or pm one.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
hi i want to post for sale how do i do this?
Selling Forum Rules
  • The sales forum on Reef2Reef is available to members that have been a member for 30 days and have 25 meaningful posts (A meaningful post will involve more than saying things like "nice tank" or "I agree." Something meaningful will often be sharing one's knowledge and experience with others and actively participating in hobby related discussions). Use of this forum is available immediately to R2R Supporters (Want to be a Supporter? Click here!).
  • Participation in R2R's marketplace (buying, selling or trading) is restricted to members aged 18 years or older.
  • The use of the sales forum is for members that contribute in the regular forum (To understand what we mean by "members that contribute," please see the above statement regarding meaningful posts).
  • This forum is to be used for the sale/trade of reef related items only.
  • Threads that appear to be commercial will be removed. Being deemed commercial is not just for parties that have a physical store or website. There are many factors that may lead to a thread being deemed commercial. Some of them are having a constant supply of an item, large supply of an item, "made to order" goods, or buying with the intent to resell.
  • Posts placing equipment for rent are not allowed in the marketplace and may only be permitted in a local club (with the permission of that club's leadership).
  • Please keep in mind that selling is a privilege. The staff reserves the right to remove any sales threads at anytime.
Sellers
  • A firm asking price must be listed in the thread.
  • Sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to send payment as a gift (this includes PayPal's Friends and Family option, unprotected Venmo, Western Union, or any other option that sends funds with no protection to the buyer). If you are found to be asking for payments as a gift or via unprotected payment, your sales thread will be removed and you may lose your selling privileges all together. For more on this, please read the announcement HERE.
  • Any selling fees and taxes must be included in the asking price. Sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to pay additionally for PayPal's transaction fees or taxes. These must be built into the price of the item.
  • Items listed for sale must be yours and in your possession. You may not sell things on behalf of someone else or list items that are yours but being kept by someone else.
  • Auction type sales threads are not permitted.
  • Links to Ebay, Craig's List or other sites are not permitted
  • Posting to bump is permitted once a day
  • Payment must be worked out in private via PM
  • At anytime you may be asked by the R2R staff to post a pic of the item for sale with a piece of paper that has your R2R username and the current date. If you fail to do this, the thread will be removed.
  • Staff may ask at any time to show proof of ownership or the thread will be removed.
  • Please be courteous to other sellers. Limit the number of threads started within close proximity to each other and consolidate where possible.
  • We understand that most want the latest and greatest gear, however, purchasing multiples of an item to resell is considered flipping and is not permitted
  • Raffles are strictly prohibited.
Buyers
  • Questions regarding brand, type, size, etc. by those who are genuinely interested in buying the item are allowed. However, questions about price (including alternative offers that are lower than posted price) or critiques of the sale should be directed to PM.
  • Posts that are deemed to be attempts to intentionally derail and harm the seller's thread will not be permitted.
Please remember that the sales forum is a benefit of the community and if there are any questions please feel free to PM any staff member.

Thank you,

Team R2R

EGorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but how does one mark an item sold?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but how does one mark an item sold?
There are several ways.
When you post a thread in the for sale section, the first line you fill out is the prefix line where you add tags like location, type of equipment, etc. At the very bottom of that list is a red SOLD button. Click on that and it adds a sold sign in the title of the thread.

Many people just post a SOLD as the last entry in the thread.

Sometimes I will edit the first part of my ad but removing all text and any pictures and replace it all with just, SOLD .

Back