How much do you like to look at build threads?

How much do you like to look at people's build threads?

• One of the things I love the most about R2R

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • I love them but I don't go looking for them

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I like them ok but rarely look through one

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Don't care for them

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Would you be interested in a place that accessed them quickly all in one place?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some pure gems here. I try to follow a bunch but follow so many I typically get bumped from them if I miss a notification and it rolls past.
Is there a function or button we can hit that places builds in one spot for easier access?
I'm not so much after all build threads just particular threads all in one spot.

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are one of the few ways I can participate on the forum and I love it.

if you are wondering why it is because I have am a complete noob when it comes to hands on experience

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to follow tanks similar to mine to get inspiration or ideas/troubleshooting. I look for tanks that are the same size or use the same equipment. The more detail people give, the better. I would like to be able to separate the build threads I follow in one place.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming back to the hobby after many years away, I looked at plenty of build threads to learn about new plumbing setups and sump configurations.
One of the best Ideas I took away was utilizing manifolds in order to power items with diverted water from the main pump. In addition, I got great ideas including DIY algae scrubber and DIY ATO.
Nothing better than learning from folks who already paved the way for hobbyists!!!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As im new to saltwater at 6 months i like looking through all the problem threads then have look through some build threads on all the different ways that everyone does to get to the same end goal.
So to help me see how others do something right or even wrong and just learn.some build threads really interesting and will spend an hour a day for few days looking through some build threads.

Edit:yes would like there to be a place to see them and choose from all in same place.
As my way now is just if someone answers in a thread and i press on build thread.but im sure lots others out there with lots good info in i not seen and therefore not learning

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally, and I have my own new one myself, trying to be as detailed as I can to both share my experiences and also to help anyone interested...

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely enjoy the build threads, from the diy ideas to everyday photos . The really fun part is watching the corals development and growth, something im really hoping for once my nutrient levels are more stable

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first joined I spent most of my time in the build threads watching the ones that were close to what I planned to do. I continue to keep an eye of them to see how they're progressing so I can see the successes and problems so I know what works and what doesn't. I can replicate build threads It would be great to have one click access.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build threads are great when you want to see what someone else did with "your tank". What light did they use? Which skimmer? Were there any challenges? Upgrades? How are they stocking it? A wealth of information so easy to apply to your own situation. Anytime someone starts a new build thread for an IM 50 Lagoon I hit the watch button!

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of build threads, thank you for supporting them (especially in our description on the left.)

I would LOVE if there was a better way for categorization of build threads - there could be a set number of 'selections' all build threads have to choose so we can easily search them. E.g. "Tank size, Tank type: AIO/Sump, reef type (fowlr, mixed, etc...) and many more options.

Reef Hobbyist magazine has build 'articles' and they each contain similar descriptions/paragraphs of their builds. A little more 'formalization' of the whole 'build thread' would go a LONG way.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would you be interested in a place that accessed them quickly all in one place?
definitely!! In one place would be great. Assuming you mean the ones we follow?

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love following build threads and love looking at successful tanks. Would def. love if it was easier to follow the ones that interest me and have it easier to find.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting to see the replies and voting on this. I watch thread after thread die because the OP just sits and talks to themselves for 3 pages.

Build threads are not easy to maintain and keep going long term. I find they basically turn into a journal for the OP more than anything. Which is good and bad. I've gone back to my old build threads and it's crazy how much I've forgotten over the years.

So, if you love build threads, be active in the threads you like! If you're not, the OP will eventually stop updating.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have one nor do I remember ever looking at anyone's. Just not that into it I guess.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back