How Often Do You Clean Your Teeth?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
12,347
Reaction score
25,587
Location
Sayreville, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AND, what do you use to clean your teeth?

I'm talking about the saw teeth on your overflow....

1768405420643.png
 
Probably not as often as I should.
 
HA! This title had me until I clicked through!

This should be interesting.
 
Ughhhhhhh... That is my most hated part of tank maintenance. Never feel like I can clean it enough.
 
Every month when I do my WC I clean them with a brush and dentist pic, lol.
Removing coralline algae and others as it builds up monthly keeps it from obstructing the flow.
 
Ummm.... It's been running for 3 years in February and I finally cleaned them for the first time in December so... Every 34 months or so I suppose.

Now, in my sump I 3D printed a weir guard instead of using the sponges (my urchin kept eating the sponge...) and THAT set of guards gets cleaned once a month or so.
 
Any time I clean the back wall of the tank. Every few weeks or so.
 
Not often at all!
 
Ughhhhhhh... That is my most hated part of tank maintenance. Never feel like I can clean it enough.
you hate this more than pump maintenance??? That's my most hated task
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new