Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing 15% weekly (15 gals) after recovering from a nasty GHA outbreak (self inflicted, always check your rodi tds).

Going back to 15% percent bi weekly since nutrients have now bottomed out for the most part, after nearly 3 months.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is approaching three years old and still try to stick with weekly 10-15% water changes. I went through a pretty prolonged period of no water changes and while the tank got through it, the nutrient levels increased pretty heavily and I lost some of my more sensitive corals.

I'm actually looking into the Reef Moonshiners method and may dial back my water changes depending on how it goes.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily 1% AWC

I would like to point out what everyone else does is not much help for what you need to do with your own tank.
How much water you need to change will depend on your bioload, the age of your tanks and the effectiveness of your filtration.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roughly 15% every two weeks. Been like that for years across all my tanks. With my last build, I finally plumbed a line to my mixing station and waste lines. Flip a couple valves and my return pump pushes water out to waste line. Switch valves, and a remote pump in my basement pushes NSW back in. Greatest time saver ever.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water change schedule is dictated by need and not routine, kinda like watering my houseplants.

If the need is there I do a WC every Sunday. If there’s no real need, I’ll skip a week or two, or do one during the week if a sudden need arises. But I do generally try to do one at least every 2-3 weeks. In my case, I always notice the inhabitants look bright and refreshed when I do it.

Bombschell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once a week for me or when there is a problem of some kind, but now that things are becoming more seasoned i will hopefully be able to space them out longer. It is only 13.5 gallon though so things go bad fast.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back