OP
davidcalgary29

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mix them together, they just don't realise frozen is food yet. Make sure the frozen is very small too, I grate some of bigger types of foods such as octopus and clams.
No, they know it's food, as I thoroughly defrost and mix with roe and pellets before I drop it in. They peck at it and then just let it drift to the corals. The silly, fat things are just like the rest of us -- they love their potato chips and cake.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it absolutely hilarious that those that are knocking flake, feed pellets. They are the same exact thing, just in different form.

Basically all are "dried fish meal", and either rolled into a sheet and cut up(flakes), or pelleted.

In my auto feeder which feeds twice a day as a supplement to frozen I have seachem marine diet flake, NLS, TDO, and algae max pellets.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - 1.5 mm pellets are my primary food. They have the same food value as flakes, however, It is easier to measure the pellets to manage quantity fed, which I like to do. For example, 1 teaspoon of pellets weighs 3.1 grams. 1 teaspoon of flakes weighs 0.8 grams ( unless you pulverize them). My fish are voracious. Consume all of them before they make it to the bottom of the tank.

I think natural food - shrimp, fish,clams, etc would probably be better, but I'm lazy and it is so much easier to deal with pre-processed food.

I occasionally feed frozen brine or mystsis shrimp cubes, but as a treat since they are primarily fropzen water with a much lower nutritional value gram for gram than pellets or flakes.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back