How often do you feed your reef?

How often do you feed your coral

• Total voters

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast feed two to three times a day frozen (I switch between rods and mysis or whatever I have frozen) and half a sheet of nori per day.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I include several types of food that different corals consume, mine get fed daily. For direct spot feeding.. once in a while.. twice a month maybe?

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix a little powdered coral food in with the pellets in the auto feeder that gets dropped 2x a day.

and as long as the nitrates and phosphates are in acceptable range and no problematic algae’s - I feed a full scoop of coral food everyday when I feed the fish frozen food.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially thought this was about feeding fish. I feed @Reef Nutrition Roe and oyster feast... now (which is new to me the oyster feast) probably at least every other day if not every day at the same time and I follow up with blowing my detritus up off my bare bottom tank probably 1 time a week or every two weeks.
I belive this is now called the @SunnyX method of carbon dosing. Lol.
Idk.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially thought this was about feeding fish. I feed @Reef Nutrition Roe and oyster feast... now (which is new to me the oyster feast) probably at least every other day if not every day at the same time and I follow up with blowing my detritus up off my bare bottom tank probably 1 time a week or every two weeks.
I belive this is now called the @SunnyX method of carbon dosing. Lol.
Idk.
The fish feed the coral.

sdreefer619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix a little powdered coral food in with the pellets in the auto feeder that gets dropped 2x a day.

and as long as the nitrates and phosphates are in acceptable range and no problematic algae’s - I feed a full scoop of coral food everyday when I feed the fish frozen food.
How are your phosphates not through the roof with all that coral food and fish food. Auto feeder and manual feeding. I would tone it down a bit just saying.

TheVinylReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the fish daily right about now. Sometimes they get a night time snack too. They poop all day. I will feed the corals 3 times a week with reef roids and phytoplankton. They are noticeable bigger and happier when I broadcast feed the system with the return pump off for 1 hour. I don't spot feed corals unless they look weak - say my Scolymia looks a little thin. I have notice that after a few times spot feeding they corals stopped reacting to the food.

World Wide Corals says that the corals are from the ocean and know how to eat from the water column, and I trust their advice.

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your phosphates not through the roof with all that coral food and fish food. Auto feeder and manual feeding. I would tone it down a bit just saying.

heavy in heavy out. And I was dosing nitrate until recently. But my system is quite mature at almost 9 years old now. It’s not something you can just start doing on a whim you have to build up and let the reef adjust over time.

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed 20 mils of AB+ daily then spot feed Barrier Reef Labs Micro-Pearl Coral Food maybe once a week if that. If I don't spot feed- I will broadcast feed once a week.

sdreefer619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heavy in heavy out. And I was dosing nitrate until recently. But my system is quite mature at almost 9 years old now. It’s not something you can just start doing on a whim you have to build up and let the reef adjust over time.
i was gonna say haha well keep on feeding then lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Apex AFS with food variety and multi-ingredient frozen food daily

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back