How often should i feed anemones and what??

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will get some of whatever you are feeding the clowns.
That is enough.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a nano tank you have every time you feed your fish the nem is getting scrap’s . I try and feed my bubble tips once a week foods such as
Mysis frozen / very small prawns and shrimp/ earth worms live small size / mussels chopped up frozen food / brine shrimp also believe it or not they love algae pellets and I watch them take normal flake when feeding the fish. But as above says you don’t need to feed them they get all the good stuff through lighting

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed it if you want it to grow and they will grow fast and huge. I purposely don't feed mine because I don't want big anemones.

Pieces of clam IMO are the best food for them as they eat fish in the sea.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clowns do you have? Only reason I ask is because not all clowns willing host in an anemone. Captive bred smaller clowns can be hit or miss. I've had 100 % success with larger clowns, maroon, clarkii, and tomato hosting.
My bubble tips are under fairly high par 350 - 400 and thrive without any direct feeding. I have a blue haddoni in another tank with a clarkii and the clown does a very good job of feeding the nem.

OP
OP
E

edwinlyh0108

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
What type of clowns do you have? Only reason I ask is because not all clowns willing host in an anemone. Captive bred smaller clowns can be hit or miss. I've had 100 % success with larger clowns, maroon, clarkii, and tomato hosting.
My bubble tips are under fairly high par 350 - 400 and thrive without any direct feeding. I have a blue haddoni in another tank with a clarkii and the clown does a very good job of feeding the nem.
I have two normal clowns
I believe they r captive bred
Their quite small tho. About 1~2 inches

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back