How old is/was your oldest fish?

lagoon360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a clown fish that was one of the first fish in my first tank in high school. I moved a few times over the years, each time slightly downsizing my aquarium. By the time he passed away in my 3rd aquarium I realized he was 18 years old! How about you all?

OP
OP
lagoon360

lagoon360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 year old clown trigger, money at the time was tight so upgrading in size was not an option. My lfs gave me a 40% credit when it sold and said it went to a good customer with a 300g.
I feel you. I have to sell my current nano before I move and I hope I can find a good home for it.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shut down my tank and had to give away two tangs who were 25 and 24 respectively. Man, that hurt.
Sorry you had to shut it down, but you are to be commended for their longevity!!!

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a clown fish that was one of the first fish in my first tank in high school. I moved a few times over the years, each time slightly downsizing my aquarium. By the time he passed away in my 3rd aquarium I realized he was 18 years old! How about you all?
mine 14 years clown fish still going strong she is the only reason I am still in this hobby

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 year old clown trigger, money at the time was tight so upgrading in size was not an option. My lfs gave me a 40% credit when it sold and said it went to a good customer with a 300g.

Do you have an old pic? I'm wanting a clown & wondering how long until I will have a monster

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 10+ foxface & percula clown. Ironically they were each others demise. Clown harrassed the fox into not eating. Then the emporer got sick of the clown chasing the fox & beat it to death.

The damsels & cardinals are 8-10 maybe more.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea as the ease of digital cameras was not around then. Probably 30 years ago, I'm sure I have an old pic somewhere but no idea where. I do have one of my current one along with a few others.
20200421_124922.jpg

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The oldest fish I ever had was a fresh water Gouramis. He was 5 years old. Back when I had a freshwater tank in high school and had no idea what I was doing. I had that fish in a 10 gallon with 4 other incompatible fish and 2 half dollar sized water turtles I got from an alleyway in LA. I never did a water change nor did I know what that was. I had a cheap hob filter and the cheap light that came with the tank hood. I would top off water weekly from the bathroom sink and just add the dechlorinator drops in. I fed them lightly every other day once a day. The light was on 12 hrs a day. Eventually everyone died except the Gouramis. At this point I was over the tank and was hoping he’d die soon. I moved and drained half the tank and forgot about it in the garage at the new place for about a week with no filtration or anything running and the tank was so murky I assumed the fish was dead for sure. I started to move stuff around and boom fish flopping everywhere. I was shocked and figured I guess he earned his right to live and I cleaned up the tank set it back up and he lived for another year and then died as the only inhabitant in the tank and I gave up fish keeping. Here I am 10 years later doing saltwater lol.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea as the ease of digital cameras was not around then. Probably 30 years ago, I'm sure I have an old pic somewhere but no idea where. I do have one of my current one along with a few others.
20200421_124922.jpg
You could probably squeeze another kessil in there if you spread them out a little bit. I was thinking of adding another to the 3 i have on 6 foot tank.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first saltwater fish that I got when I was 13 just passed away a couple of months ago at 7 years old and was yellow tail damsel.

Seems to be a lot of yellowtail damsels on this thread

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back