How old is your oldest fish?

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The oldest fish I currently have is a caribbean spotted hawkfish. I got it 12 years ago and it was probably 2-3 years old at the time (estimating). Foxface is 12 years old. Several other fish are about 9 years old.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Goby did really really well. You had for like 18 years right? Which of your other fish are about 9 years old? How big’s the Foxface after 12 years?
Yes, the pink spot watchman goby. I had it for 17 years and it was basically full size when I bought it. So I assume at least 2 years old when I got it.

The foxface is about 9" but really thick. I doubt he'll grow any longer. The other fish are lietenant tang, chocolate tang, and naso tang. Actually, I do have a Talbott's damsel and reef chromis that must also be at least 12 years old. Forgot about them!

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if we get any freshwater love here but I have a 19 year old Featherfin Catfish named Hector who got me into this hobby! He was one of my first fish! Still going strong

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 11

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Hippo tang and an Ocellaris clown that I purchased 11 years ago.

Formulator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns that are about 8 years old and still maintain a happy sex life . Also have a blue chromis that is the same age. He is the last remaining of 6 chromis I had originally. Lost my blue hippo at age 7 last year. No signs of illness, just disappeared one day.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back