OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that don't work try this,since they picking at rocks looking for food take the calms out of shell slice them up small bites ,turn off pumps for a few hrs and put that food on rocks where they was picking at.Only try 1 shell at a time also ,find some small mysis shrimp also and put on rocks when pumps are off ,since they was picking at rocks they do eat just have to find what they eat
That idea crossed my mind today but since I'm getting some Masstick tomorrow, I'm going to try sticking that to rocks first...I'm really hoping they'll like that stuff but either way I'll later try with cut up pieces of clam because I want to feed them a natural diet if possible.

View Badges
That idea crossed my mind today but since I'm getting some Masstick tomorrow, I'm going to try sticking that to rocks first...I'm really hoping they'll like that stuff but either way I'll later try with cut up pieces of clam because I want to feed them a natural diet if possible.
In wild they eat coral polys. Maybe that's why they picking at rocks .they eat small LPS corals in the wild.Just get them to eat anything

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I know it takes fish a little while to acclimate to a new tank but tbh I think at least one of them is sick...Symptoms include a few white spots on the tail I noticed today, the yellow one has been staying in the dark cave all day (maybe lethargic and he's trying to sleep), and today I tried Masstick which they were clearly interested in the smell of (even the yellow butterfly came out for a little while) and swam over to but they wouldn't eat. I think they both have heavier breathing than a normal fish should.
I posted in the hospital section a few minutes ago but thought you guys might have an idea...

View Badges
White spots on tail is probably ich ,not good at all ,there is stuff you can put in take to get rid of this ich away or something like that ,fish are stressed ,there scared turn off lights put food in tank walk away ,they need to eat to keep there strength ,where you got them probably have a few days warranty call them and tell them what they are doing they might give you store credits if fish die.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back