How to combine two different RO/DI Systems?

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
363
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two different RO/DI systems and I was wondering if they could be combined to create 1 more efficient system. Anyone ever combine two systems? If so, how is it possible?

One system is a 3 stage and the other is a 4 stage.

Thank you in advance for the help!
 
Are the ro membranes the same gpd? BRS has a kit to add to there 75 to make it 150.
 
One is a 75 and one is a 100 I think... Is it as simple as putting the waste into the input? That doesn't seem right...
 
Its not quite that simple, you need a different flow restrictor also to keep the waste ratio correct.
Take a look here to see how to plumb a dual membrane system:
http://www.spectrapure.com/huds/DUAL.pdf

More sediment or carbon filters are counterproductive so stick with one good 1 micron or less sediment filter and on 1 micron or less carbon block. Dual full size DI filters can be a good thing though especially if you can test the TDS between DI filters and rotate the second DI into the first position once it is exhausted getting more life out of your resin. That or using different resins such as Spectrapures MaxCap in the first and SilicaBuster in the second.
 
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just sell both of them for cheap and then upgrade to a bigger and better systems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new