How to convert fish to eat pellets

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gatling
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I fed the mollies in my puffer tank Omega One pellets. The puffers quit eating thawed, and only ate the pellets. I think they just decided it was easier than ripping things apart.
 
Ok guys lets take a step back, I never said a word about frozen food, or what breeders use. Feeding fish the same natural foods they eat in the ocean is 100% superior to any of your dry foods. There is just no arguing that imo...
But frozen piece of fish or clam or what ever, is not the same as food in the ocean. I think that fresh sea food freeze dry and use to formulate dry food is likely better at retaining the nutrient, and with a lot more variety than a few piece of fish that we can get. Good dry food are from the sea, preserved by drying them. I think a good dry food have a much more diverse source than the few species of frozen food we can get for our tank, even if we use human's food.
Omega One, and Otohime are the two food that are really good. All I can said is that feeding my fish with these food, I can compare them to anybody's fish and will not come out second.
 
But frozen piece of fish or clam or what ever, is not the same as food in the ocean. I think that fresh sea food freeze dry and use to formulate dry food is likely better at retaining the nutrient, and with a lot more variety than a few piece of fish that we can get. Good dry food are from the sea, preserved by drying them. I think a good dry food have a much more diverse source than the few species of frozen food we can get for our tank, even if we use human's food.
Omega One, and Otohime are the two food that are really good. All I can said is that feeding my fish with these food, I can compare them to anybody's fish and will not come out second.
This^^^
 
But frozen piece of fish or clam or what ever, is not the same as food in the ocean. I think that fresh sea food freeze dry and use to formulate dry food is likely better at retaining the nutrient, and with a lot more variety than a few piece of fish that we can get. Good dry food are from the sea, preserved by drying them. I think a good dry food have a much more diverse source than the few species of frozen food we can get for our tank, even if we use human's food.
Omega One, and Otohime are the two food that are really good. All I can said is that feeding my fish with these food, I can compare them to anybody's fish and will not come out second.
Agree with this point a lot
 
Give them no food for a week - then check out how well they converted into another religion!
 
Some fish just don't like pellets. Others love it. Had a Hawaiian dwarf ell that gladly ate pellets off the sand. Had a GSM clownfish that never liked pellets. Have a Multibar angelfish (wild caught) that to this day prefers Golden Pearls pellets over mysis.

Variety is key. If there is a particular food they don't like feed that first then feed it mixed in with what it does like. Variety is the key and always offer it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new