How to hang kessil Ap9x

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know how to hang a kessil Ap9x without purchasing the hanging kit?

I thought it came with it and cannot afford to buy the kit, I already have the caribeaneer type hanging kit that the black box lights hang off of but that’s it

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to hang a kessil Ap9x without purchasing the hanging kit?

I thought it came with it and cannot afford to buy the kit, I already have the caribeaneer type hanging kit that the black box lights hang off of but that’s it
If you don't mind the look of this get a coat rack on wheels and a little modification. I can swing the whole assembly from the left side and move it out to gain access to tank.

Attachments

• Coat rack light hanger.jpg
    Coat rack light hanger.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210421_184648[1243].jpg
    20210421_184648[1243].jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wouldn’t I still need to buy the hanging kit that screws into the kessil light?
Or does it comes with it? That’s a really great idea!!

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hanging screws did not come with Kessil? If not you can get the eyelet type screws at Home Depot for the light, just make sure they are not too long.
Also I bought the wire and clamps at HD for my Kessil's.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture hanging wire and clamps.

Attachments

• 20210421_190527[1244].jpg
    20210421_190527[1244].jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The hanging screws did not come with Kessil? If not you can get the eyelet type screws at Home Depot for the light, just make sure they are not too long.
Also I bought the wire and clamps at HD for my Kessil's.
Oh so it comes with a way to hang it? I haven’t received the light yet but it said hanging kit was sold separately

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh so it comes with a way to hang it? I haven’t received the light yet but it said hanging kit was sold separately
Oh okay. The new light should come with the hanging kit. Just the wire and screws for the light, you would still need something to hang the light from. The coat rack was cheap $38, the wood dowel for the top to make it as wide as you want was a few dollars at HD. I did not want to hang my lights from the ceiling or mounted to the tank like the Kessil arm that always got in the way. Now I can just swing the lights out of the way when I need room to work on the overflows or hangon back fuge.
EDIT: I think they meant the arm.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice the hanging kit they sell is $44. This is what comes in the box, 4x Metal Screw Hook & Hanging Bracket. So maybe not the wire but you can get that at HD. The hanging kit they sell has a nice feature where you can easily adjust the height.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picture hanging wire and clamps.
I just wanted to make sure I can hang it when I get it because I got confused when it said hanging kit sold separately but if it comes with those eyelet screws then jm
Oh okay. The new light should come with the hanging kit. Just the wire and screws for the light, you would still need something to hang the light from. The coat rack was cheap $38, the wood dowel for the top to make it as wide as you want was a few dollars at HD. I did not want to hang my lights from the ceiling or mounted to the tank like the Kessil arm that always got in the way. Now I can just swing the lights out of the way when I need room to work on the overflows or hangon back fuge.
EDIT: I think they meant the arm.
oh perfect!! Thank you!!, yeah I have my Chinese black boxes already hanging from my ceiling with the carabeaner straps I was just making sure it came with something for me to attach the carabeaner to hang the light, I’m glad I don’t have to spend 40$ extra on top of the 840$ I just forked out lol, this is one expensive hobby, I really like the coat rack though because I’m always worried the lights are going to rip out of my ceiling and crash into my tank

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I notice the hanging kit they sell is $44. This is what comes in the box, 4x Metal Screw Hook & Hanging Bracket. So maybe not the wire but you can get that at HD. The hanging kit they sell has a nice feature where you can easily adjust the height.
Oh yeah that’s exactly what I need it to come with because I already have the adjustable straps since I’m have China black boxes already hanging, I’m just sick of those stupid lights bleaching and killing my corals, literally the worst lights I could have bought “WILLS”

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to make sure I can hang it when I get it because I got confused when it said hanging kit sold separately but if it comes with those eyelet screws then jm

oh perfect!! Thank you!!, yeah I have my Chinese black boxes already hanging from my ceiling with the carabeaner straps I was just making sure it came with something for me to attach the carabeaner to hang the light, I’m glad I don’t have to spend 40$ extra on top of the 840$ I just forked out lol, this is one expensive hobby
Yeah those are expensive lights, the 360we, I have 2 was around $350 each I got 2 years ago. Then I found the Cobalt C-Ray 200 which is similar to the kessil but half the price, I bought 2, one for $375 and another for $350.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah that’s exactly what I need it to come with because I already have the adjustable straps since I’m have China black boxes already hanging, I’m just sick of those stupid lights bleaching and killing my corals, literally the worst lights I could have bought “WILLS”
I had the Viparsprectra 300 which is pretty much the same as Wills for 3 years and never had any problems, everything grew well.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ABO Gear Clothes Rack Clothing Rack Garment Rack Coat Racks Free Standing Clothing Racks On Wheels Portable with Brake​

This is on Amazon for less than $20. Just remove the bottom piece to make it as wide as needed, may need to purchase a wooden dowel 1" diameter. Get some plastic flower vines to decorate and it will look great.

Screenshot_2021-04-21 Amazon com ABO Gear Clothes Rack Clothing Rack Garment Rack Coat Racks F...png Screenshot_2021-04-21 Amazon com ABO Gear Clothes Rack Clothing Rack Garment Rack Coat Racks F...png

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back