How to mount your RODI filters: Where do you put your RODI system?

Where do you put your RODI system?

• Mounted on the wall.

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Sitting on the floor.

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • In a cabinet/closet.

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Under a sink.

Votes: 49 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 38 11.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Many of us have our own RODI filters, but knowing where to put it is another discussion so let’s talk about it in the discussion below. The pictures would imply that it should get mounted on a wall, but from personal observation that doesn’t seem to always be the case. Sometimes I have seen RODI filters sitting in the corner on the floor and other times it is in a purpose-built cabinet. It may be physically mounted to something, or it may be sitting in place without being secured. Normally it would be somewhere near a sink, but sometimes people can get creative with how they access a water source. Anyone that has picked up an RODI filter full of water knows that it is not light so secure mounting points or support is important. Let us know if you think that there is a “right” way to mount a RODI filter (e.g., height, mounting hardware, etc.). Also, please share where you put your RODI filter.

IMG_E7688.JPG

Photo by @Taxus812

This QOTD is sponsored by Nutramar: https://www.qualitymarine.com/nutramar/

NutramarFoodsBanner.gif

“Nutramar’s 100% natural food products are used by public aquaria and breeders around the world. They offer superior nutrition to your most finicky and delicate fish and invertebrates." @Nutramar Foods

Last edited by a moderator:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is on the floor in the garage. I have a hose bib just outside the garage door that I use when I’m making water. I don’t know how many times I have flooded the garage but the water runs out the driveway when I do and that has been a life saver.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Currently on a wall. Top row is fed to poly mixing tank
Bottom row is for RO water only

1690381167054.png

This setup is in storage (I have it for larger tank)

appleton3.jpg

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1428.jpeg
My system goes from whole house filtration system with a million gallon carbon filter to 20” sediment filter to salt free softener then to its own dedicated line to 7 stage rodi hung on wall down to one brute for rodi and one to new salt mix. Waste goes directly into floor drain.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my LFS.

purchase of a RODI has to wait until I buy my wife her new sewing cabinet, so likely in September. Still sorting where I will install. It will either be in the laundry room or mounted on a rolling cart.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently on a wall. Top row is fed to poly mixing tank
Bottom row is for RO water only

1690381167054.png

This setup is in storage (I have it for larger tank)

appleton3.jpg
That is one massive RODI setup

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my patio, behind the kitchen, immediately behind the sink, there is a cabinet, approx 6' wide, 4' tall, and a shallow 6" deep. It was built to hold plastic sheets that were meant to cover the screens in what was a screened in patio. I enclosed the patio with regular windows long ago, the cabinet was unused.

Makes a very convenient place for the RO system. Drilled through to under the kitchen sink, tied to supply and drain. I'm supplying my two refrigerators with RO water for ice and chilled water, and a drinking water faucet at the kitchen sink. From there, it's routed through a 3 stage DI system, and on to my tank, through the crawl space under the house.

Works great! Very convenient. When I need to service it, I've got wide opening doors, just pull up a chair, everything is right there. Otherwise, it's behind closed doors. If it weren't for the hum from the booster pump kicking on and off once in a while, you wouldn't know it was there.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a small apartment; the RO/DI stays put away till I need it. Then, I will plumb it all up and make the water I need then put it all away. I never even considered it more of a task than other chores with the tank.

Sitting on the floor then? When in use at least.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Many of us have our own RODI filters, but knowing where to put it is another discussion so let’s talk about it in the discussion below. The pictures would imply that it should get mounted on a wall, but from personal observation that doesn’t seem to always be the case. Sometimes I have seen RODI filters sitting in the corner on the floor and other times it is in a purpose-built cabinet. It may be physically mounted to something, or it may be sitting in place without being secured. Normally it would be somewhere near a sink, but sometimes people can get creative with how they access a water source. Anyone that has picked up an RODI filter full of water knows that it is not light so secure mounting points or support is important. Let us know if you think that there is a “right” way to mount a RODI filter (e.g., height, mounting hardware, etc.). Also, please share where you put your RODI filter.

IMG_E7688.JPG

Photo by @Taxus812

This QOTD is sponsored by Nutramar: https://www.qualitymarine.com/nutramar/

NutramarFoodsBanner.gif

“Nutramar’s 100% natural food products are used by public aquaria and breeders around the world. They offer superior nutrition to your most finicky and delicate fish and invertebrates." @Nutramar Foods
I just want to know how you keep your aquafx sticker to stay on the pump when it heats up !!. Mine flares off when it heats up and I’m always having to push it down lol !! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines on the floor for now . It will be hung when I decide where I want it located .

FreshwaterConvert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sits in the floor when not in use, but when it’s time to make water I have to lift it up and move it onto my kitchen counter so that the input and waste can reach the sink. I live in an apartment so a permanent setup was not in the cards. Luckily, I only have to make 5 gallons of water every other week because I get saltwater from my LFS and have a nano tank. Moving it every time is a pain but at least it’s not frequent.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back