How to position heater in sump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishski13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishski13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2021
Messages
969
Reaction score
716
Location
New Jersey/New York
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys so I decided to go with the eheim Jagers with an ink bird controller. What’s the best way to position them in the sump to prevent any trouble. They are about 17-18 inches and the longest wall I have in my sump to put them on is 15 inches. Should I put them diagonally on the wall? On the bottom of the sump? And does it matter what chamber? I was planning on putting them in the refugium/skimmer. Thanks
 
Hi guys so I decided to go with the eheim Jagers with an ink bird controller. What’s the best way to position them in the sump to prevent any trouble. They are about 17-18 inches and the longest wall I have in my sump to put them on is 15 inches. Should I put them diagonally on the wall? On the bottom of the sump? And does it matter what chamber? I was planning on putting them in the refugium/skimmer. Thanks
Key is to not put them anywhere where they can get exposed to air like the return chamber, other than that you are good
 
Yes it can. Maybe leave a little separation from and very bottom so that the sump is not in direct contact with the heater.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new