how to remove clam from rock??

icemountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to move my clam. Its on a rock right now attached with its foot. My frogspawn seems to be irritating it. What's the safest way of removing it from the rock without killing/injuring the clam?

OP
OP
icemountain

icemountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, its been going on for a couple of weeks now. I have a big frogspawn right by it with its tentacles sometimes touching the mantles so that is my only guess for the reason that could be irritating it. Mantles are curled a little but only in the area where the mantles are being touched by the frogspawn.

Tom@HaslettMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would move the frogspawn and leave the clam where it is. Moving a clam is unnecessary stress and may be difficult to find another spot in the tank where it will be happy. Frogspawn on the other hand won't mind the move as long as you put in an appropriate spot.

Tom

OP
OP
icemountain

icemountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would move the frogspawn and leave the clam where it is. Moving a clam is unnecessary stress and may be difficult to find another spot in the tank where it will be happy. Frogspawn on the other hand won't mind the move as long as you put in an appropriate spot.

Tom

I would have moved it but I have no place else to move the frogspawn. the place i have it now is the only place that is well suited for it without it stinging all my sps.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back