how to remove clam from rock??

icemountain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
641
Reaction score
132
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to move my clam. Its on a rock right now attached with its foot. My frogspawn seems to be irritating it. What's the safest way of removing it from the rock without killing/injuring the clam?
 
No, its been going on for a couple of weeks now. I have a big frogspawn right by it with its tentacles sometimes touching the mantles so that is my only guess for the reason that could be irritating it. Mantles are curled a little but only in the area where the mantles are being touched by the frogspawn.
 
Personally, I would move the frogspawn and leave the clam where it is. Moving a clam is unnecessary stress and may be difficult to find another spot in the tank where it will be happy. Frogspawn on the other hand won't mind the move as long as you put in an appropriate spot.

Tom
 
Personally, I would move the frogspawn and leave the clam where it is. Moving a clam is unnecessary stress and may be difficult to find another spot in the tank where it will be happy. Frogspawn on the other hand won't mind the move as long as you put in an appropriate spot.

Tom

I would have moved it but I have no place else to move the frogspawn. the place i have it now is the only place that is well suited for it without it stinging all my sps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new