How to set up a SPS QT tank

JSpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to set up a qt tank to allow a couple of weeks of observation before frags are moved over to frag tank. Need some suggestions on lights, flow, etc. This will be a 10 gallon tank for SPS only, will be in the QT for max of three weeks. Thanks all!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need good flow and light. I used to setup eggcrate rack across whole tank where pump was below eggcrate and then u put all frag plugs into crate and big corals on top of crate.

AquaPhilNJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to set up a qt tank to allow a couple of weeks of observation before frags are moved over to frag tank. Need some suggestions on lights, flow, etc. This will be a 10 gallon tank for SPS only, will be in the QT for max of three weeks. Thanks all!
How did it work out ? I'm afraid to use my 10g as a QT for SPS, mainly because of no ATO (water evaporation issue) and the consequences of ALK raising because of water evaporation.

rob myers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 30 breeder I have t5 penguin bio wheel in compartments running carbon and gfo have a reef octopus hang on back skimmer have an internal water blaster pump running 500 gph on a closed loop system that also has a manifold runing Accel bio pellets and 4 litters of seachem matrix.for my live rock in sea side reactor. My corals are going to stay in this for quite a few months before they go into my main display . I know this sounds like over kill . But after all the hitchhikers that went into my 220 reef and caused me to start over. I feel this is my best alternative for me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back