How to set up a SPS QT tank

JSpen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2018
Messages
187
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to set up a qt tank to allow a couple of weeks of observation before frags are moved over to frag tank. Need some suggestions on lights, flow, etc. This will be a 10 gallon tank for SPS only, will be in the QT for max of three weeks. Thanks all!
 
You need good flow and light. I used to setup eggcrate rack across whole tank where pump was below eggcrate and then u put all frag plugs into crate and big corals on top of crate.
 
Im trying to set up a qt tank to allow a couple of weeks of observation before frags are moved over to frag tank. Need some suggestions on lights, flow, etc. This will be a 10 gallon tank for SPS only, will be in the QT for max of three weeks. Thanks all!
How did it work out ? I'm afraid to use my 10g as a QT for SPS, mainly because of no ATO (water evaporation issue) and the consequences of ALK raising because of water evaporation.
 
Im trying to set up a qt tank to allow a couple of weeks of observation before frags are moved over to frag tank. Need some suggestions on lights, flow, etc. This will be a 10 gallon tank for SPS only, will be in the QT for max of three weeks. Thanks all!
I set up a 30 breeder I have t5 penguin bio wheel in compartments running carbon and gfo have a reef octopus hang on back skimmer have an internal water blaster pump running 500 gph on a closed loop system that also has a manifold runing Accel bio pellets and 4 litters of seachem matrix.for my live rock in sea side reactor. My corals are going to stay in this for quite a few months before they go into my main display . I know this sounds like over kill . But after all the hitchhikers that went into my 220 reef and caused me to start over. I feel this is my best alternative for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new