How to shut off a Dosing pump when a level or leak sensor is triggered?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to shut off dosing pumps when a high level water sensor is triggered. Looking for a smart easy way to do this. Ideas?

The goal is to have dosing pumps shut off when and if I have a high sump level. I could be doing maintenance and have the return pump off and the sump is full. Or have it as a safety shut off and stop the ATO and AWC process.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading some of the problems with the KH director that leaked it got me thinking it would be nice to shut off all Dosing pumps in case of a leak too. Guessing it would be on the same control circuit. Ever sense I had my Maxi doser leak I moved a leak detector into that cabinet and near the doser. Presently it only tells me if there is a leak but doesn’t shut off the dosers.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shutting down the doser could be done via plugging into the Powerbar and shutting down the power in the event there is a leak. The issue is any other PAB devices connected in series would be impacted as they would loose communication and therefore it would only work if you made sure it was in series in such a way not ti impact other equipment. I have this already configured where if I have a major leak everything power down. My Dosers are at the end of the chain one after another, Maxi AWC,Maxi ATO, Doser 1 (KH) off the other port at the end it is Doser 2( 3 Part), Doser 3, Doser 4.

If your using Fill Water, and Drain Water comments on the Switch Channel, you could then use advance program logic and add a high float sensor to the sump. You would need to use Advance Program Logic and add it to the switch channel.

1583795292860.png

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ditto, I was thinking about using a switch as a kill option. Was hoping there was a better way.
I changed my AWC system to a dosing schedule instead of the GHL programmed system. I run the empty and fill pumps at the same time 24 times for 200ml out and 213.5 in. This has stabilizied my salinity loss issues I was having. Also it compensates for the 320ml loss during the 4 KH Director tests at 80ml each.

I guess this is another area GHL could improve their programing. Sure hope they are writing all this down.

Last edited:

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think you could shut down any component on the PAB without having to take up a socket on the power bar. I would like to be able to shutdown my KHD with a leak sensor is tripped.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 140 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back