How to stop/remove these Feather Dusters or are they something else?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe-ejs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No bumble bee snails and not feather dusters but rather tube worms which use their fans to capture food. Simple direct water flow towrds them - NOT at them and they will starve OR you can Carefully place a dab of gel super glue fromn the dollar store on each fan and again they will starve and vanish
I'm thinking the same thing....more flow.

I noticed in one picture a decent amount of detritus buildup and it is a bare bottomed tank.

Perhaps the flow isn't great and these tube worms are taking advantage of that?
 
I'm thinking the same thing....more flow.

I noticed in one picture a decent amount of detritus buildup and it is a bare bottomed tank.

Perhaps the flow isn't great and these tube worms are taking advantage of that?
Yes for sure and thereby getting all the food they want and favor brine shrimp
 
W

Why no bumblebee snails? Great to have IMO.
74E07138-C8D6-4A36-A1F9-CACB6BA46182.jpeg

Going to work as I type
They are excellent with vermetid snails but rarely play with fan worms which retract quite quickly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new