How to use your GHL dower 2.1 for water changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another new video by GHL posted today!!

How to use a GHL Doser as your water change pumps when connected to ProfiLux controller using GHL Connect App.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched it and it is very straightforward.. was wondering one thing tho. It mentions having the ato and awc together with the same sensor. I am using my tunze ato and would switch over to two of the maxis are these the best configuration? Will they both work off one p4 and will I need to get a stand alone or will both be controllable via my p4.

or would I be better off getting a doser 2.1 and using that as my ato while the maxi is for awc?

Any ideas when they will be upgrading the capacity of the containers?

what does everyone else do?

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have on one tank two maxi’s using the same sensors. Works great no issues.

On my smaller tank it is a maxi and a doser and it also works good.

It depends on how much evap your having on your tank.

Both setups are connected to P4 and the other a P4e.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1.5 - 2G of evaporation a day. I set up to use a Maxi on high speed as my ATO. I may need to adjust this depending on the answers to my questions below.

Last edited:

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Can you please elaborate the “Maximum on time”.

Which part of the tasks on an ATO & Water change does it effect? Does the timer effect all three functions separately or collectively?

Say for instance I set it to 10 min. Is that 10 minutes for the entire AWC process to complete?

How does it work on the ATO side? Since only one sensor is used the ATO doesn’t need nearly as much time to complete as the AWC.

My assumption is the timer effects each section of ATO & Water change separately. So if I set it at 10 min, the Drain has 10 min to do it’s drain function. Then when the AWC fill starts, the timer is reset and the AWC has 10 minutes to complete.

Also the assumption is that the ATO then has 10min to complete when the tank needs a top off. This is where I have a problem. Using the Maxi pump at setting 3 could cause way to much water to get added if there is a reason the system failed and uses the failsafe timer. If I have to I’ll turn the speed down to make it not over fill in a fail safe I can. However it defeats the purpose of having the higher speed pumps available.

Last edited:

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have on one tank two maxi’s using the same sensors. Works great no issues.

On my smaller tank it is a maxi and a doser and it also works good.

It depends on how much evap your having on your tank.

Both setups are connected to P4 and the other a P4e.
Are the both standalone or slaves or anything in particular? I just am now hesitant of what I buy as someone else bought something and I think he couldn’t use it as his p4 was maxed out for say kh directors or whatnot didn’t know if that’s how it is for maxis. For example if my p4 is going to control it regardless can I just get two slaves for my one p4?

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can only have 1 KH Director or 1 ION connected to the P4.

You can only have 16 dosing heads till the next firmware update when it is increase to 32 in preparation for the ION release.

I have 3 water change/Ato setups:

2 setups are all slaves to the P4
1 setup is master/slave stand alone for the seahorse tank.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the both standalone or slaves or anything in particular? I just am now hesitant of what I buy as someone else bought something and I think he couldn’t use it as his p4 was maxed out for say kh directors or whatnot didn’t know if that’s how it is for maxis. For example if my p4 is going to control it regardless can I just get two slaves for my one p4?
Presently you can run up to 16 dosing heads. That means a standard doser has typically 4 heads. So it uses 4 of 16 leaving 12 spots left.
A typical ATO-AWC set up uses 3 pumps so there are 9 spots remaining of the 12. The KH director and Ion director use a total of 7 pumps. Leaving you 2 spots. Now, all the above are what you end up actually using on a typical set up. Keep in mind that one Maxi and on of the doser sets for the KHD had 1 left over pump each. So those two can get used finish up all the slots on a 16 pump limited system.

All the above won’t matter once the ION comes out. As Ditto pointed out you will have up to 32 dosing head slots you can use In the next firmware.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can only have 1 KH Director or 1 ION connected to the P4.

You can only have 16 dosing heads till the next firmware update when it is increase to 32 in preparation for the ION release.

I have 3 water change/Ato setups:

2 setups are all slaves to the P4
1 setup is master/slave stand alone for the seahorse tank.

So, you can not have 1 KH Director and 1 Ion Director connected to the same Profilux 3? Will there be a firmware release that make that possible?

Thanks

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you can not have 1 KH Director and 1 Ion Director connected to the same Profilux 3? Will there be a firmware release that make that possible?

Thanks
I was the person that complained about only 1 kh director per controller. During the discussions after that discovery I asked about both a khd & iond and I was told by GHL you can run 1 of each on 1 controller.

My problem was trying to run 2 khd from 1 controller - which you can not do.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Vinny, I still don't have a response, not sure if you didn't see this yet or if it got missed. I'm giving it a bump in hopes you can respond to the timer and how it effects the ATO.
Thanks
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Can you please elaborate the “Maximum on time”.

Which part of the tasks on an ATO & Water change does it effect? Does the timer effect all three functions separately or collectively?

Say for instance I set it to 10 min. Is that 10 minutes for the entire AWC process to complete?

How does it work on the ATO side? Since only one sensor is used the ATO doesn’t need nearly as much time to complete as the AWC.

My assumption is the timer effects each section of ATO & Water change separately. So if I set it at 10 min, the Drain has 10 min to do it’s drain function. Then when the AWC fill starts, the timer is reset and the AWC has 10 minutes to complete.

Also the assumption is that the ATO then has 10min to complete when the tank needs a top off. This is where I have a problem. Using the Maxi pump at setting 3 could cause way to much water to get added if there is a reason the system failed and uses the failsafe timer. If I have to I’ll turn the speed down to make it not over fill in a fail safe I can. However it defeats the purpose of having the higher speed pumps available.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back