How volatile is this list of fish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TARHEEL78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ok, I've finalized the list and gotten a nod of approval on the thread @mattzang linked. I'm just up in the air about stocking order. Any help @mta_morrow ?

2 occ clowns
Blue tang and Purple tang
2 watenabei angel
3 lyretail anthias
carpenters flasher wrasse
Pink margin fairy wrasse
Magnificent foxface
Orchid dotty and Black neon dotty
Sailfin blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Flame angel
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking like this:

carpenters flasher wrasse and Pink margin fairy wrasse
Magnificent foxface
2 watenabei angel
3 lyretail anthias
2 occ clowns
Blue tang and Purple tang
Orchid dotty and Black neon dotty
Sailfin blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Flame angel
 
Ok, I've finalized the list and gotten a nod of approval on the thread @mattzang linked. I'm just up in the air about stocking order. Any help @mta_morrow ?

2 occ clowns
Blue tang and Purple tang
2 watenabei angel
3 lyretail anthias
carpenters flasher wrasse
Pink margin fairy wrasse
Magnificent foxface
Orchid dotty and Black neon dotty
Sailfin blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Flame angel

Hello @TARHEEL78 !

Thanks for tagging me!

I think you’re stock list will work well and provide a lot of activity ! Great list!

I would recommend the following from personal experience:

Get the foxface in early, and well ahead of the tangs.

Add the dotybacks last.

Flame Angel next to last.

Add the tangs together, before the flame angel.

Can’t wait to see it!
 
Ok, final order I think...

carpenters flasher wrasse and Pink margin fairy wrasse
Magnificent foxface
2 watenabei angel
3 lyretail anthias
2 occ clowns
Blue tang and Purple tang
Sailfin blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Flame angel
Orchid dotty and Black neon dotty
 
Ok, final order I think...

carpenters flasher wrasse and Pink margin fairy wrasse
Magnificent foxface
2 watenabei angel
3 lyretail anthias
2 occ clowns
Blue tang and Purple tang
Sailfin blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Flame angel
Orchid dotty and Black neon dotty

Yup! Perfect!
 
Ok, final order I think...

carpenters flasher wrasse and Pink margin fairy wrasse
Magnificent foxface
2 watenabei angel
3 lyretail anthias
2 occ clowns
Blue tang and Purple tang
Sailfin blenny
Diamond watchman goby
Flame angel
Orchid dotty and Black neon dotty
Looks good. Stock your tank with pods before you get the wrasses so they have lots of pods to graze on too :) I added a pintail fairy wrasse as my first fish in my 90 and he didn’t make it, withered away even with good mysis feeding. I believe due to lack of a mature tank & pods.
 
Looks good. Stock your tank with pods before you get the wrasses so they have lots of pods to graze on too :) I added a pintail fairy wrasse as my first fish in my 90 and he didn’t make it, withered away even with good mysis feeding. I believe due to lack of a mature tank & pods.

Thanks for the heads up.

@mta_morrow Here's a link to my build thread, I'll try to keep it updated so watch there.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-first-solo-tank-180-gallon-build-thread.606201/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new