Howdy from Montana

BOMBreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
37
Location
Corvallis, MT
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone! I've been reefin' for about 15 years now. Came from a bustling community in Southern California, and just moved the family to MT in April. Brought a tank I bought from a buddy with me (Waterbox 130.4), and hope to have it running by early spring 2023. Since I cannot find a fellow reefer out here in rural Montana figured I'd jump back in the forums, and make some friends. I've dabbled in forums including RC, NR, SoCaliReefs and l. Reef2Reef seems like a great spot and I'm looking forward to sharing my tank build and learning from others.

Give me a follow @BOMBreef on instagram. I'm hoping to fly down to some shows next year once I get my tank wet.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
welcome-5.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef! What does the reefing scene look like in that area of the country? Aside from not finding a fellow reefer, where is the closest LFS that would have what you need?

So far it's very sparse. There's a shop in Western Montana - Missoula to be exact called ReefMissoula about 40 min away from me. We've also got a Petco w/ your typical SW section.
 
So far it's very sparse. There's a shop in Western Montana - Missoula to be exact called ReefMissoula about 40 min away from me. We've also got a Petco w/ your typical SW section.
Ahh that's similar to my situation here in KY. We have one LFS that gets saltwater in but its pretty small. I usually order stuff online or make occasional trips to other areas.
 
Howdy everyone! I've been reefin' for about 15 years now. Came from a bustling community in Southern California, and just moved the family to MT in April. Brought a tank I bought from a buddy with me (Waterbox 130.4), and hope to have it running by early spring 2023. Since I cannot find a fellow reefer out here in rural Montana figured I'd jump back in the forums, and make some friends. I've dabbled in forums including RC, NR, SoCaliReefs and l. Reef2Reef seems like a great spot and I'm looking forward to sharing my tank build and learning from others.

Give me a follow @BOMBreef on instagram. I'm hoping to fly down to some shows next year once I get my tank wet.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It's never too early, even though you are planning Spring setup!

This might help you find people local to you in Montana:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new