Howdy From Wyoming!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Folks;

Some of you may have noticed me poking around and posting occassionaly in the various threads over the last few weeks. What with the addition of the new subforum (Northern Wyoming Reef Club ~ Thanks Rev!), figured it was maybe time for a formal introduction.

I'm a high school science teacher and I teach biology and aquatic biology (1st semester freshwater and 2nd semester saltwater); I've been keeping aquariums in the classroom (mainly freshwater) for over 15 years and for the last seven I've been trying my hand at saltwater reefs. Its been a trial by fire to say the least, and I learned lots the hard way through trial and error. Finally had a computer savy friend who turned me onto the internet forums and what a help that has been. Still have lots to learn and look forward to helping and being helped in turn. Currently at school I have over 15 tanks up and running (again mostly freshwater cichlids) ranging from 15 gallons to 100 gallons (in salt I'm currently running a 30 gal high and 20 gal as a frag tank, and cycling a 20 gal long). For various reasons, I have several that are currently empty. Students in my aquatic class help with tank maintainence and care.

Seen lots of beautiful tanks and coral pictures and I'm looking forward to getting a few more of my own up as well. December of last year, I finally took the plunge and put in a 65 gallon tank at home; Reef-ready tank with 20 gallon sump/fuge, 250w MH and 96w PC lighting and lots of flow. My interests are primarily in ricordia, zoanthids, and palys, but I also have a thing for photosynthetic gorgorians and brain corals. I also keep a few LPS and recently some SPS.

Guess I've rambled on enough ~ look forward to meeting you all and getting to know your reefs.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! Great to have you posting more!

Can't wait for pics. :D

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Can't wait for you to "teach" us a few things here too with your background ... glad to have your knowledge here on the site!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I LUB smart people! :D

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome folks; and Marvin, Az, and all the rest, thanks so much for all the help so far. Don't know how much help I'll be - seems to me you folks already have plenty of smart people around - but I'm happy to help if and when I can.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Welcome!!!! I think it would be so much fun to teach science, I always loved science classes in school and in college. fun, fun, fun.
sounds like your students get to have some fun with the tanks while learning. its always great when you get a teacher like that.
anyways welcome again, cant wait to see some pics of your tanks ! :)

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Welcome!!!! I think it would be so much fun to teach science, I always loved science classes in school and in college. fun, fun, fun.
sounds like your students get to have some fun with the tanks while learning. its always great when you get a teacher like that.
anyways welcome again, cant wait to see some pics of your tanks ! :)

Thanks ahayes; I always hope that they are learning something, and having fun doing it.

Welcome your set-ups sound awsome!!!!

Thanks; its developed over a lot of time.

Guys, don't let him join, he is a pain in the you-know-what!

Such grief from the person who invited me here to join?!

HEHEH KIDDING! Randy is a great guy :)

Thanks spidey, I like you too; but ssssshhh ~ don't tell her.

A lot of familiar faces here.:smile:

Indeed there are.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back