blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We'll, I'm from Texas. Didn't really realize how many of us say "howdy". Been reefing for almost 10 years now. Had my first tank crash about four years ago which devastated me (and my pockets). I was wiped out by Velvet quickly and I watched an empty tank for about one and a half years. Built the courage back up to add life to my DT and continue learning. Always referenced this forum for good info and finally decided to join.
Welcome back and sorry about the loss. Glad you decided to drive back in!

OP
OP
R

Reefing In Color

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

Its always devistating to have a tank crash. But I feel like you always do better the second time around after all the hard lessons learned. I'm sure this tank is going to be awesome!
Thanks for the encouraging words!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll, I'm from Texas. Didn't really realize how many of us say "howdy". Been reefing for almost 10 years now. Had my first tank crash about four years ago which devastated me (and my pockets). I was wiped out by Velvet quickly and I watched an empty tank for about one and a half years. Built the courage back up to add life to my DT and continue learning. Always referenced this forum for good info and finally decided to join.

Welcome back! Sorry for your earlier losses. Glad you joined. Sounds like you have good BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great life skill and good for this hobby, too. I'm in Grand Prairie, so we're nearly neighbors!! "Howdy" back at you LOL.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find more people local to you, as we've an active hobby club right here in your backyard with Sept mtg in Hurst at Glass Aquatics and Oct mtg in Dallas at The Big Little Fish Store and Nov Fall Frag Swap in Arlington - more info:

Past events (bus tour!) & hobby club meetings:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back