Huge Red Slime Issues!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter booth2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2013
Messages
904
Reaction score
143
Location
DeLand FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 10gal (has a torch, 2 shrooms, a clown, a damsel, a starfish and some cleaners) tank has been up for a few months now, for the last month I have been battling red slime. I do 20% water changes every 4-6 days and have been adding UltraLife Red Slime Remover to the tank. When I do the water changes I use RODI water, I do 9 hours of lighting a day. Im not sure what else to do it seems to go away then one day it will be back with a vengeance and its frustrating.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
Have you tested your water fdor nitrates and phosphates? Nusiance algae is caused by excess nurients. Test your phoshates and cut down on your feeding. Also do you have a skimmer?
 
I run my lights for about 7 hours turn back your lights lights are "feeding" the algae
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new