Husbands tank needs help

anne2419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband is very busy. We have a 30 gallon tank with some live rock, a clown fish, scooter blenny, coral banded shrimp, fire shrimp, rainbow bt anemone, and a healthy cleanup crew of snails and hermit crabs. it is an established tank and has been running for 15+ years. Our addition of the bta this August hasn’t thrivedabd our clown has never shown interest in it. We have the nitrates down to zero. I guess my questions is the lighting. We have a LED current loop. I have no idea what I should have this set for. my husband has been very busy and hasn’t quite had the time needed to take care of the ailing anemome. I Think the lighting might be the culprit .... any thoughts or ideas?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nems do need a lot of light ,and bottomed out nitrates is not good ,like to see min .05 :)

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I don't know much about your light, but like already mentioned anemones need a lot of light. How many hours a day are you running the light? It is almost impossible to give them too much light. Nitrates at zero is not ideal, as nitrates are a food source for them. I personally recommend nitrates of about 10 for BTAs. If you using any sort of nitrate removal, stop until the climb to at least 5. They also require some phosphates to survive. Good luck!

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R. I wouldn't worry too much about the clown not showing interest, clowns are kinda just clowns for the most part they seem to host on the oddest places and not where you would like them to lol. lighting could be an issue for the bta. what kind of lights are you running and do you have a pic of the tank you could share with us?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!! You have received some sound advice so far. Nitrates at zero are not ideal. What test kits are you using? A photo of the whole tank to include the BTA location, which Current Loop are you running and intensity is it running at, and the duration would help us help you.

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas greeting.gif

Welcome to R2R. Glad you're here! You may also want to post your questions in:

New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here.​

Plus, I found this post helpful as well:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Go ahead and make a new thread specifically with your bta question as well as full tank picture and parameters, if possible. That will get you the best, quickest help you seek.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef. There is also a separate forum for news and clowns. Hope you can get this turned around.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back