OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send them both in and let them determine if they can be repaired or replaced ...hopefully the warranty will be honored since the pump failed on you with very limited use. I just had the same thing happen to me with a brand new pump made in Germany. It sat in the box collecting dust for almost two years ...and pump does not work at all. It is still under warranty though.

Yea I think that is what I'm going to do

Meh. I'd send it in and pay the shipping. How much can shipping cost anyway? Don't you work for the Post Office? :p

I do, but we don't get discounted shipping :(

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI! Just found your thread - I don't have time to read it all now, but will go back this weekend and check it out! Just started my build and am in cycling process! :)
Follow along if you want (link in signature) - can't wait to learn from your thread!

Thanks for the follow! Ill most def swing by yours and check it out.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what would cause it swell up like that?
The most likely cause is a failure in the casing. Salt water gets in and causes the magnets to rust. When they rust, they swell.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wavs have problems after a year or two it is very well documented u just have to search for it u don’t even have to leave this website I would send it in because they should cover it in my opinion I’m cleaning my wavs soon I hope all is well in mine (the only downside is u will be without your wavs for two weeks shipping stinks)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...

(lol)
Are we shipping it back, or not :confused:

:)

Lol yea I'm shipping back. And honestly since I pulled the wavs a few of my acros look happier. I'm guessing the extra flow from them was too much?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yea I'm shipping back. And honestly since I pulled the wavs a few of my acros look happier. I'm guessing the extra flow from them was too much?
Maybe they are brand snobs. :cool:

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came by to creep and see where you keep the digi;). Thanks again, it's always been one of my favorites.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A box came via ups saturday, I see what @revhtree was all gitty about earlier lol

20180217_113317.jpg

The contents
20180217_113427.jpg

It's time to change out my rodi filters and I was in the market for a new magnetic frag rack. I went with the ocean wonders n52 mag frag rack pro.

When I first saw it I thought, "meh it's just black egg crate with a magnet, but it's cheaper so let's try it out." So right out ofnthe box it's def not just eggcrate, it's much thicker and is built very well.

20180217_113639.jpg

Lots of room for frags.

The main reason I got this rack is for the magnets. I was tired of all the bulky magnets most racks use. This one is nice and streamline, and is easy to pull apart. But no worries it holds tight even on my 1/2" glass.

20180217_113626.jpg

I'll take some pics of it in the tank with some frags on it later lol.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A box came via ups saturday, I see what @revhtree was all gitty about earlier lol

20180217_113317.jpg

The contents
20180217_113427.jpg

It's time to change out my rodi filters and I was in the market for a new magnetic frag rack. I went with the ocean wonders n52 mag frag rack pro.

When I first saw it I thought, "meh it's just black egg crate with a magnet, but it's cheaper so let's try it out." So right out ofnthe box it's def not just eggcrate, it's much thicker and is built very well.

20180217_113639.jpg

Lots of room for frags.

The main reason I got this rack is for the magnets. I was tired of all the bulky magnets most racks use. This one is nice and streamline, and is easy to pull apart. But no worries it holds tight even on my 1/2" glass.

20180217_113626.jpg

I'll take some pics of it in the tank with some frags on it later lol.

I have the not pro version of this frag rack and every time I take it off the tank the black strip just pops right off the magnets leaving the rack in place. They have nothing holding them in. Is this an issue with the pro? Other then it saying pro it looks identical to mine, so I am wondering if securing the magnets is what is different to make it pro lol

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the not pro version of this frag rack and every time I take it off the tank the black strip just pops right off the magnets leaving the rack in place. They have nothing holding them in. Is this an issue with the pro? Other then it saying pro it looks identical to mine, so I am wondering if securing the magnets is what is different to make it pro lol

Hmm, not sure. I'll snap some pics later of the magnets to see. I've moved it around a few times already with no issues.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
buy tunze. they stand by their products for 5 years, and their products typically last over 10 with ease :D

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, not sure. I'll snap some pics later of the magnets to see. I've moved it around a few times already with no issues.

This is what I mean
20180218_223622.jpg

Yeah I could just super glue the magnets in place, but this rack was almost $30, I feel like they could have done that for me lol. I have had it for over a year and other then the magnet issue I really like it.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I mean
20180218_223622.jpg

Yeah I could just super glue the magnets in place, but this rack was almost $30, I feel like they could have done that for me lol. I have had it for over a year and other then the magnet issue I really like it.

Hehe, my magnets stay in place

George,

(lol)
When does your NASA rocket, custom built GEO skimmer come home?

@geo was planning on trying to have it done this week in time for the Lear swap, if it is great. If not not a huge deal, I'm more than willing to make another trip out there. Jenny's ice cream is enough to convince my wife to take a road trip there lol

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, my magnets stay in place

Well I guess I will have to whip out my super glue then:p. I couldn't really tell in the video, are the magnets on yours enclosed on the outside like they are on the inside, or are they just bare magnets?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back