HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by hybridazn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award 3RMAS Member Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

Yea I think that is what I'm going to do

I do, but we don't get discounted shipping :(

prsnlty and tommyhere like this.

2. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award 3RMAS Member Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

Uh, this is the wav pumps. Not my vortechs lol

3. Mini Coop

Mini Coop Valuable Member Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

HI! Just found your thread - I don't have time to read it all now, but will go back this weekend and check it out! Just started my build and am in cycling process! :)
    Follow along if you want (link in signature) - can't wait to learn from your thread!

prsnlty, fabutahoun, GoVols and 2 others like this.
  4. hybridazn

Thanks for the follow! Ill most def swing by yours and check it out.

prsnlty, GoVols, tommyhere and 2 others like this.
  5. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

prsnlty, GoVols, tommyhere and 2 others like this.
  6. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

The most likely cause is a failure in the casing. Salt water gets in and causes the magnets to rust. When they rust, they swell.

7. hybridazn

8. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

The wavs have problems after a year or two it is very well documented u just have to search for it u don’t even have to leave this website I would send it in because they should cover it in my opinion I’m cleaning my wavs soon I hope all is well in mine (the only downside is u will be without your wavs for two weeks shipping stinks)

GoVols likes this.
  9. GoVols

GoVols Cobb-Webb 1989 R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader MTRCMember R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Well...

(lol)
    Are we shipping it back, or not :confused:

:)

HolisticBear and hybridazn like this.
  10. hybridazn

Lol yea I'm shipping back. And honestly since I pulled the wavs a few of my acros look happier. I'm guessing the extra flow from them was too much?

prsnlty and GoVols like this.
  11. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

Maybe they are brand snobs. :cool:

prsnlty and GoVols like this.
  12. ReefQueen

ReefQueen Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award 3RMAS Member Build Thread Contributor

I came by to creep and see where you keep the digi;). Thanks again, it's always been one of my favorites.

13. hybridazn

A box came via ups saturday, I see what @revhtree was all gitty about earlier lol

20180217_113317.jpg

The contents
    20180217_113427.jpg

It's time to change out my rodi filters and I was in the market for a new magnetic frag rack. I went with the ocean wonders n52 mag frag rack pro.

When I first saw it I thought, "meh it's just black egg crate with a magnet, but it's cheaper so let's try it out." So right out ofnthe box it's def not just eggcrate, it's much thicker and is built very well.

20180217_113639.jpg

Lots of room for frags.

The main reason I got this rack is for the magnets. I was tired of all the bulky magnets most racks use. This one is nice and streamline, and is easy to pull apart. But no worries it holds tight even on my 1/2" glass.

20180217_113626.jpg

I'll take some pics of it in the tank with some frags on it later lol.

14. ReefQueen

ReefQueen Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award 3RMAS Member Build Thread Contributor

I have the not pro version of this frag rack and every time I take it off the tank the black strip just pops right off the magnets leaving the rack in place. They have nothing holding them in. Is this an issue with the pro? Other then it saying pro it looks identical to mine, so I am wondering if securing the magnets is what is different to make it pro lol

hybridazn likes this.
  15. hybridazn

Hmm, not sure. I'll snap some pics later of the magnets to see. I've moved it around a few times already with no issues.

16. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

buy tunze. they stand by their products for 5 years, and their products typically last over 10 with ease :D

17. ReefQueen

This is what I mean
    20180218_223622.jpg
    Yeah I could just super glue the magnets in place, but this rack was almost $30, I feel like they could have done that for me lol. I have had it for over a year and other then the magnet issue I really like it.

prsnlty and hybridazn like this.
  18. GoVols

GoVols Cobb-Webb 1989 R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader MTRCMember R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

George,

(lol)
    When does your NASA rocket, custom built GEO skimmer come home?

19. hybridazn

Hehe, my magnets stay in place

@geo was planning on trying to have it done this week in time for the Lear swap, if it is great. If not not a huge deal, I'm more than willing to make another trip out there. Jenny's ice cream is enough to convince my wife to take a road trip there lol

prsnlty, GoVols and fabutahoun like this.
  20. ReefQueen

Well I guess I will have to whip out my super glue then:p. I couldn't really tell in the video, are the magnets on yours enclosed on the outside like they are on the inside, or are they just bare magnets?

hybridazn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted