HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by hybridazn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I am, but I will be holding off the "conversion" until get get some of these frags mounted lol

Glad you like that shroom! Its a pretty quick grower.

Steve showed me it at the show, it's def a nice size! I'll take a frag of it when your ready hahaha

A picture update is coming soon, I just snapped a few and will be editing soon. Gotta watch the new episode of big brother first lol. And maybe the walking dead too

GoVols likes this.

2. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

So here are a few pics I took. Due to the lack of room on the rack some of the pieces are really crammed together. So anyway here it goes

First up is the Reef Hero Canada Blue Demon
    IMG_0001 2.JPG

ORA Pearlberry
    IMG_0002 2.JPG

CITR Red Dragon
    IMG_0004 3.JPG

AV99 Sunset Envy
    IMG_0007 7.JPG

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
    IMG_0008 4.JPG

Jason Fox Beach Bum
    IMG_0009 5.JPG

Reef Raft Skittles
    IMG_0010 3.JPG

Diabolic Pacman
    IMG_0011 2.JPG

Mantis Drop the Mic Acro
    IMG_0012 3.JPG

Thanks to @aquavista99 @Big E @Renton777 @Swayne_07 for the great pieces! i'll take pics of the rest of the pieces as i find time this week!

Thanks for looking!

GoVols, Renton777, prsnlty and 3 others like this.
  3. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Fadi Abu Tahoun R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Beautiful frags, you got many corals on my wish list.
    IMO you need some kind of SSC , and ORA red planet.

GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  4. hybridazn

I had a huge colony of red planet a few years back, it ate up a huge amount of real estate so I'm not sure I'll go with that piece again.

GoVols and Tahoe61 like this.
  5. Tahoe61

Tahoe61 Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member

Great stuff.

Love the ORA Pearl Berry, that Beach Bum is pretty cool as well. Heck I like them all. :rolleyes:

6. hybridazn

Thanks Cheryl! The pearlberry is probably hands down my favorite acropora of all time. I can't wait to grow this piece out again

GoVols and prsnlty like this.
  7. ksfulk

ksfulk Grow sticks, grow!!! R2R Supporter Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Yeah, the problem with the Pearlberry is they look like garbage for a while until you start getting some nice growth. Then its a matter of "why are all of those pretty colors coming out of that dull gray stick?"

prsnlty likes this.
  8. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Good stuff, bro!

GoVols likes this.
  9. aquavista99

aquavista99 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I think 13 of those gems came from me, but two are for George's friend who could not attend LEAR this year.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    fabutahoun and hybridazn like this.
  10. aquavista99

Looks absolutely amazing, George! Very nice haul! Glad I could return the Beach Bum to you and all the other amazing gems too. Brad's Drop the Mic acro is awesome to see in person. You are going to enjoy that one as well. Seth, Nathan and Ed all had amazing corals at LEAR too. :)

fabutahoun and hybridazn like this.
  11. hybridazn

Yes I'm happy to have the bum back to me. And it was a huge surprise to my wife, I didn't tell her I was getting it and while we were walking around at the swap she kept talking about how that is her favorite coral and I need to get it back lol. So it's safe to say she is happy to see it's return.

aquavista99 likes this.
  12. aquavista99

Happy wife, happy life! Spousal approval is very important in this hobby.:)

prsnlty, fabutahoun and hybridazn like this.
  13. hybridazn

Indeed it is lol

14. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Beautiful George! I miss my orange passion... it was one of my favorite acros

GoVols, aquavista99 and hybridazn like this.
  15. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I'm drooling and SOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!

HolisticBear, GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  16. hybridazn

Got to admit, I'm jealous myself hahaha. I'm really happy that my tank is doing well again. And I agree a happy, healthy OP is hard to beat.

HolisticBear, GoVols and prsnlty like this.
  17. Renton777

Renton777 Polyp Nipper R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Autocorrect may have struck, are you saying that you ended up losing last year's Homewrecker? If so, let me know if you want a replacement at a significant discount :)

GoVols, mdbannister and hybridazn like this.
  18. hybridazn

Ugh I wish it was autocorrect. Trying out zeovit was one of the worst decisions I ever made haha.

Dang thanks man! I appreciate that buddy!

19. bif24701

bif24701 Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Neptune will tell you to buy a new pump I assume or impeller from previous discussion I have seen poses but wouldn’t hurt to try.

hybridazn likes this.
  20. hybridazn

Well here's to hoping. I'm putting it in the mail today so it should be there friday. Obviously I'll update here as I hear anything.

mdbannister and bif24701 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted