hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
George,
Are you still going to use your "Building an Obsession" frag rack?

I am, but I will be holding off the "conversion" until get get some of these frags mounted lol

psh is that all lol. Ok I might a little jealous because I thought I brought home a bunch, but I think you have me beat;). Erin and I sat on my living room floor sorting all of the corals out of our coolers like it was halloween candy, she still managed to go home with my goni somehow lol. That mushroom I got off of you is absolutely massive, I might have to move it out of the shroom tank and put it in the 90 lol. I had to giggle when I noticed the name last night haha.

Glad you like that shroom! Its a pretty quick grower.

Nice picks!! Beach Bum was one if I went I would have picked up. I go Steve’s tomorrow to pick up the one coral I did spring for - Walt Disney Acro. Can’t wait to see it in person as the photo the seller sent me it looks great.

Steve showed me it at the show, it's def a nice size! I'll take a frag of it when your ready hahaha

A picture update is coming soon, I just snapped a few and will be editing soon. Gotta watch the new episode of big brother first lol. And maybe the walking dead too

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are a few pics I took. Due to the lack of room on the rack some of the pieces are really crammed together. So anyway here it goes

First up is the Reef Hero Canada Blue Demon
IMG_0001 2.JPG

ORA Pearlberry
IMG_0002 2.JPG

CITR Red Dragon
IMG_0004 3.JPG

AV99 Sunset Envy
IMG_0007 7.JPG

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
IMG_0008 4.JPG

Jason Fox Beach Bum
IMG_0009 5.JPG

Reef Raft Skittles
IMG_0010 3.JPG

Diabolic Pacman
IMG_0011 2.JPG

Mantis Drop the Mic Acro
IMG_0012 3.JPG

Thanks to @aquavista99 @Big E @Renton777 @Swayne_07 for the great pieces! i'll take pics of the rest of the pieces as i find time this week!

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful frags, you got many corals on my wish list.
IMO you need some kind of SSC , and ORA red planet.

I had a huge colony of red planet a few years back, it ate up a huge amount of real estate so I'm not sure I'll go with that piece again.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff.

Love the ORA Pearl Berry, that Beach Bum is pretty cool as well. Heck I like them all. :rolleyes:

Thanks Cheryl! The pearlberry is probably hands down my favorite acropora of all time. I can't wait to grow this piece out again

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Cheryl! The pearlberry is probably hands down my favorite acropora of all time. I can't wait to grow this piece out again

Yeah, the problem with the Pearlberry is they look like garbage for a while until you start getting some nice growth. Then its a matter of "why are all of those pretty colors coming out of that dull gray stick?"

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good stuff, bro!

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks absolutely amazing, George! Very nice haul! Glad I could return the Beach Bum to you and all the other amazing gems too. Brad's Drop the Mic acro is awesome to see in person. You are going to enjoy that one as well. Seth, Nathan and Ed all had amazing corals at LEAR too. :)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks absolutely amazing, George! Very nice haul! Glad I could return the Beach Bum to you and all the other amazing gems too. Brad's Drop the Mic acro is awesome to see in person. You are going to enjoy that one as well. Seth, Nathan and Ed all had amazing corals at LEAR too. :)

Yes I'm happy to have the bum back to me. And it was a huge surprise to my wife, I didn't tell her I was getting it and while we were walking around at the swap she kept talking about how that is her favorite coral and I need to get it back lol. So it's safe to say she is happy to see it's return.

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy wife, happy life! Spousal approval is very important in this hobby.:)

Yes I'm happy to have the bum back to me. And it was a huge surprise to my wife, I didn't tell her I was getting it and while we were walking around at the swap she kept talking about how that is her favorite coral and I need to get it back lol. So it's safe to say she is happy to see it's return.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my acclimating is complete for tonight. The rack is now beyond full

20180225_001247.jpg

And here is a quick teaser pic, and by quick I mean cell phone haha. The SC Orange Passion I picked up from @Big E instantly got PE as soon as I put it in the tank.

20180225_001137.jpg

More pics to come later, right now I'm exhausted.
Beautiful George! I miss my orange passion... it was one of my favorite acros

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are a few pics I took. Due to the lack of room on the rack some of the pieces are really crammed together. So anyway here it goes

First up is the Reef Hero Canada Blue Demon
IMG_0001 2.JPG

ORA Pearlberry
IMG_0002 2.JPG

CITR Red Dragon
IMG_0004 3.JPG

AV99 Sunset Envy
IMG_0007 7.JPG

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
IMG_0008 4.JPG

Jason Fox Beach Bum
IMG_0009 5.JPG

Reef Raft Skittles
IMG_0010 3.JPG

Diabolic Pacman
IMG_0011 2.JPG

Mantis Drop the Mic Acro
IMG_0012 3.JPG

Thanks to @aquavista99 @Big E @Renton777 @Swayne_07 for the great pieces! i'll take pics of the rest of the pieces as i find time this week!

Thanks for looking!
I'm drooling and SOOOOOOO jealous!!!!! [emoji7][emoji12]

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful George! I miss my orange passion... it was one of my favorite acros
I'm drooling and SOOOOOOO jealous!!!!! [emoji7][emoji12]

Got to admit, I'm jealous myself hahaha. I'm really happy that my tank is doing well again. And I agree a happy, healthy OP is hard to beat.

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I picked up the following

Jason Fox beach bum (my original piece I gave to Tim a while back)
Citr red dragon
Diabolic pacman
Reef Raft Skittles
Ora pearlberry
Bubblegum milli
Sunset envy
Pc superman
Ora turquoise staghorn
Crt delight
Reef hero Canada blue demon
Sc orange passion
Mantis drop the Mic acro
Mantis plum crazy acro
Ora Hawkins
Reefshine guys rainbow milli
Asd yellow efflo
Another milli I can't remember lol
Cherry corals white walker zoa
Sc playboy bunnies

There are a couple others that are escaping me right now haha.

Thanks Ed! Yea man I'm excited to get this tank full again. Thanks again for the great pieces!

They are close, within 6" from the water surface.

I almost pulled the trigger on the homewrecker since I almost my last piece of it that I got from @Renton777 last year, but I decided that getting a few other pieces in place of that made more sense at this point. I really want to fill this tank up again lol

Autocorrect may have struck, are you saying that you ended up losing last year's Homewrecker? If so, let me know if you want a replacement at a significant discount :)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Autocorrect may have struck, are you saying that you ended up losing last year's Homewrecker? If so, let me know if you want a replacement at a significant discount :)

Ugh I wish it was autocorrect. Trying out zeovit was one of the worst decisions I ever made haha.

Dang thanks man! I appreciate that buddy!

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my quarterly cleaning of my pumps I was scrubbing clean my wavs and I found this

20180214_101611.jpg

The magnet is scrapped up and is swelling. I contacted Neptune and they sent me an RMA to send in the pump. Now these pumps are from 2015(won in the macna raffle by @mdbannister) but they sat in the box until last year when I got them and fired them up.

So my question is, should I send in the pump even though it's clearly out of warranty or just order a new impeller? The person I spoke to said he can try to get it covered under warranty but can't make any promises which I totally understand.

What would you all do?

Neptune will tell you to buy a new pump I assume or impeller from previous discussion I have seen poses but wouldn’t hurt to try.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune will tell you to buy a new pump I assume or impeller from previous discussion I have seen poses but wouldn’t hurt to try.

Well here's to hoping. I'm putting it in the mail today so it should be there friday. Obviously I'll update here as I hear anything.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back