HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a pair of WAV pumps. They do ok. Of all the pumps I have Vortechs are easily my favorite and Tunze second

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a pair of WAV pumps. They do ok. Of all the pumps I have Vortechs are easily my favorite and Tunze second

I love my vortechs as well, my oldest mp40 turns 6 years old this year. I haven't even had to replace a wetside on the thing. It's been bulletproof!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I picked up the following

Jason Fox beach bum (my original piece I gave to Tim a while back)
Citr red dragon
Diabolic pacman
Reef Raft Skittles
Ora pearlberry
Bubblegum milli
Sunset envy
Pc superman
Ora turquoise staghorn
Crt delight
Reef hero Canada blue demon
Sc orange passion
Mantis drop the Mic acro
Mantis plum crazy acro
Ora Hawkins
Reefshine guys rainbow milli
Asd yellow efflo
Another milli I can't remember lol
Cherry corals white walker zoa
Sc playboy bunnies

There are a couple others that are escaping me right now haha.

Thanks Ed! Yea man I'm excited to get this tank full again. Thanks again for the great pieces!

They are close, within 6" from the water surface.

I almost pulled the trigger on the homewrecker since I almost my last piece of it that I got from @Renton777 last year, but I decided that getting a few other pieces in place of that made more sense at this point. I really want to fill this tank up again lol
Nice selection!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are a few pics I took. Due to the lack of room on the rack some of the pieces are really crammed together. So anyway here it goes

First up is the Reef Hero Canada Blue Demon
IMG_0001 2.JPG

ORA Pearlberry
IMG_0002 2.JPG

CITR Red Dragon
IMG_0004 3.JPG

AV99 Sunset Envy
IMG_0007 7.JPG

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
IMG_0008 4.JPG

Jason Fox Beach Bum
IMG_0009 5.JPG

Reef Raft Skittles
IMG_0010 3.JPG

Diabolic Pacman
IMG_0011 2.JPG

Mantis Drop the Mic Acro
IMG_0012 3.JPG

Thanks to @aquavista99 @Big E @Renton777 @Swayne_07 for the great pieces! i'll take pics of the rest of the pieces as i find time this week!

Thanks for looking!
(lol)
I'm with @prsnlty (Jackie)

.... ;Drool ing

:)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(lol)
I'm with @prsnlty (Jackie)

.... ;Drool ing

:)

Lol thanks! I'm still slowly mounting them in the tank, I might have to add a couple more pieces of rock. I took the night off from mounting yesterday lol, super glue and epoxy were wreaking havoc on my fingers lol

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are a few pics I took. Due to the lack of room on the rack some of the pieces are really crammed together. So anyway here it goes

First up is the Reef Hero Canada Blue Demon
IMG_0001 2.JPG

ORA Pearlberry
IMG_0002 2.JPG

CITR Red Dragon
IMG_0004 3.JPG

AV99 Sunset Envy
IMG_0007 7.JPG

Sexy Corals Orange Passion
IMG_0008 4.JPG

Jason Fox Beach Bum
IMG_0009 5.JPG

Reef Raft Skittles
IMG_0010 3.JPG

Diabolic Pacman
IMG_0011 2.JPG

Mantis Drop the Mic Acro
IMG_0012 3.JPG

Thanks to @aquavista99 @Big E @Renton777 @Swayne_07 for the great pieces! i'll take pics of the rest of the pieces as i find time this week!

Thanks for looking!

Wow! I mean WOW, awesome grab! You should give us weekly or at least biweekly updates on these babes! How are they adjusting? I know it’s only been a week but those frags make everyone interested automatically.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I mean WOW, awesome grab! You should give us weekly or at least biweekly updates on these babes! How are they adjusting? I know it’s only been a week but those frags make everyone interested automatically.
Couldn't Agree more !

images

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's home :)

20180303_235111.jpg

@geo did a great job of repairing the valve for me. He added 2 fittings to the plumbing so if this were to ever happen again I can swap in a new valve lickity split.

20180303_235128.jpg

And here it is with all the trimmings
20180304_001847.jpg

20180304_001902.jpg

Currently leak testing it before I hook it back up. My tank has missed the skimmer lol

Thanks again @geo ! This is why when it comes to equipment such as this I go with Geo's Reef, he was willing to go to his shop on a Saturday for drop off and pick up for me since my work schedule doesn't allow me to make it out during normal business hours. It's hard to find customer service like this.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't Agree more !

images

Haha thanks! I am STILL mounting them lol. Trying to decide where to out them is hard work haha! After I get them all done I'll post some new pics

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to run out of room too. Not really but I don’t want to crowd things in too much.

I agree, I want a large amount of corals but I also want them to have room to grow.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I want a large amount of corals but I also want them to have room to grow.

I was saying that to myself, the problem when you are sps addict you will always find some room to squeeze one more frag, I have been adding this 1 more little frag every now and then.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's :rolleyes:... the most insane and beautiful skimmer, that I have ever seen, in my life ;Woot ;Woot

I love it, I'll never part with this skimmer

I was saying that to myself, the problem when you are sps addict you will always find some room to squeeze one more frag, I have been adding this 1 more little frag every now and then.

Funny how we can always find room for one more frag lol

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sometimes I just have to laugh at my tank sometimes, this is def one of those moments.

So as we all know the last 3 weeks my tank has been skimmerless while it was being repaired. So during that time I added 15 extra gallons of water change volume per week and kept my dose of nopox the same. I was thinking the extra water change per week would pick up the slack that was left with the absence of my skimmer.

Well last week I noticed a few sps started to brown on me, so I immediately did a round of tests. My alk was a bit higher than usual but nothing major, but what was truly crazy was my nitrates were 0 and phosphates were .05! So now I'm trying to get my nutrients back on track by dosing red sea reef energy a&b daily a long with oyster feast twice a week. Since then just about all my sticks habe browned out and lost PE. Am I frustrated? Actually no, I just had to laugh. I'm sure once I get the nutrients back in line they will color up again.

But this leads me to this question, why run a skimmer? It's obvious keeping the water clean can be had by other means, more energy efficient means at that. Even after this I will continue to run a skimmer only because it's a safety net, I doubt I would want to keep up the larger weekly water changes along side the other things I did. Chances are when I go on vacation things would crap out on me.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sometimes I just have to laugh at my tank sometimes, this is def one of those moments.

So as we all know the last 3 weeks my tank has been skimmerless while it was being repaired. So during that time I added 15 extra gallons of water change volume per week and kept my dose of nopox the same. I was thinking the extra water change per week would pick up the slack that was left with the absence of my skimmer.

Well last week I noticed a few sps started to brown on me, so I immediately did a round of tests. My alk was a bit higher than usual but nothing major, but what was truly crazy was my nitrates were 0 and phosphates were .05! So now I'm trying to get my nutrients back on track by dosing red sea reef energy a&b daily a long with oyster feast twice a week. Since then just about all my sticks habe browned out and lost PE. Am I frustrated? Actually no, I just had to laugh. I'm sure once I get the nutrients back in line they will color up again.

But this leads me to this question, why run a skimmer? It's obvious keeping the water clean can be had by other means, more energy efficient means at that. Even after this I will continue to run a skimmer only because it's a safety net, I doubt I would want to keep up the larger weekly water changes along side the other things I did. Chances are when I go on vacation things would crap out on me.
That is interesting considering everything I have heard is that they are supposed to brown out because of high nutrients!

Any chance it is pH related? Not as much air exchange without the skimmer?

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is interesting considering everything I have heard is that they are supposed to brown out because of high nutrients!

Any chance it is pH related? Not as much air exchange without the skimmer?

I thought that too, but ph never dropped below 7.75 during lights out so i didnt think that was low enough to effect anything, also having a coast to coast overflow i would think I would have enough air exchange. But of course ive been wrong before lol. Since the skimmer has been back online ph has been over 8 every day though, so that might have been an issue as well.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bif24701 and anyone else following for an update on the WAV situation.

I'm just received an email from them stating that they will be covering all repairs under warranty(it is well past the warranty) and will be shipping it back to me soon!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back