Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4588+18915&pcatid=18915

With holiday pay and christmas money coming in the next month I am thinking of getting this kit for more variable water flow.....I want the Nano kit which should give me enough flow....Has anybody delt with these and how is the quality of the wave maker and pumps?

I think one of our site sponsors here was selling them pretty cheap just recently. Maybe they still have some, i know the prices were fantastic.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one of our site sponsors here was selling them pretty cheap just recently. Maybe they still have some, i know the prices were fantastic.

Do you know who? PM me if you want.....

The Vortech MP20 is a possibility, the only thing I don't like is the current would always come from the same direction right? On the Vortech.....Where if I had 2 kors on each side of the tank I could get the back and forth motion......I will have to do a bit more research I guess....

Atomikk

Rare Coral Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, Koralia's leak excess electricity into your tank. I know of many people that had been shocked by their pumps. In fact, I know of one person who had a tank crash due to him Koralias leaking too much zap. I turned my off, and will never turn it on.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will go with the MP20 and then at some point get the upgrade......Since it's going into a 60g cube, I don't really need the flow of the MP40 but the upgrade is still cheaper then getting a MP40......

BShells

BShells
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be better off with the MP20. Vortech makes a great pump with so many options, you can't really go wrong with one of them. The upgrade option is probably the best feature of the MP20.

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had any problems with my Koralias leaking stray current and if it was too extreme my GFCI would kick them off. I have 3 of them in my 60cube right now with excellent flow.

As for the vortechs, yes the flow comes from one direction, however you can get it to produce a wave-like action in your tank. If you really crank it up you can get about 1" waves out of it, give or take. For a 60cube an MP20 with upgrade would be pleanty.

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, Koralia's leak excess electricity into your tank. I know of many people that had been shocked by their pumps. In fact, I know of one person who had a tank crash due to him Koralias leaking too much zap. I turned my off, and will never turn it on.

Never heard of this happening. I have been running a variety of them for 2+ years now with nothing but great success. I suppose anything with a cord into your tank potentially could, but to say "koralia's" as in all of them do this is a bit extreme. Many people? Do they have proof it was the Koralia's? Did they just nick their cords? Again, you are literally the ONLY person I have ever heard have a bad experience with one. I've heard some unhappy with the wide flow, but never this. Do we have anything to substantiate this?? Would like to see as I do run them myself as do many of my friends.

PS
I would say the MP20 for sure, great flow and all you will ever need. Love my Koralia's but not a big fan of potato's mounted to the side of my tank :)

BShells

BShells
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would an MP20 be good for a 34 cube? I'm not familiar with the vortechs.

The MP20 would work great for a 34 cube. It is a bit more than you need, but you can dial it down. Or you can turn it up if you get a bigger tank, or you can upgrade it if you get an even bigger tank. IMO vortech has the best, most versatile pumps.

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MP20 would work great for a 34 cube. It is a bit more than you need, but you can dial it down. Or you can turn it up if you get a bigger tank, or you can upgrade it if you get an even bigger tank. IMO vortech has the best, most versatile pumps.

I have a 34g cube and ALMOST bought one, would be amazing in it, just dial down. But since i'm uppin to a 60 i'm gonna drill for a closed loop :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back