Hydra 26 HD help asap

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not get my Hydra 26 HD out of store demo. Tried multiple times to reset it by holding down the indicator led for 10 seconds, nothing happened.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind, figured it out. For anyone in the future that runs into this issue.
1. Unplug power to the light
2. While holding the button down on the light, plug power back in.
3. Wait 10 seconds, then release the button
4. The light will start flashing red/green/blue and will reset

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this thing is ticking me off. Excuse my language, but getting very angry right now. Need a breather. Be back in a minute.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still need help with this issue. I emailed customer support, but they told me what i have already tried and has not worked.
The light indicator light is solid white. I have tried to hold the button on the back of the light for five seconds. Nothing. ten seconds nothing. Unplugged light and then while holding the button plugged the light back in, held button for five seconds, the light rapidly flashes blue/green, then starts to blink blue, then a few minutes later it turns solid white. Ten seconds with same method. same outcome. solid white indicator light. Anyone got any help please? I really like this light, but if i can not figure this issue out, I am gonna return them and get something different.

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad Anyone currently using the Hydra series lights that can help him out?
I believe @jsker is using them but don't know if he had a similar issue when you put his up.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a Hydra user, but holding the button down for 10-15 seconds until the indicator light turns red is how I can reset the Vegas. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you are having this experience. Can you try this? Instead of waiting for the 10 seconds leave the power disconnected for 5 minutes to let the power totally drain out of the lights. Then follow the recommended power up. I would also try deleting the program before you do this and clear the cache on your browser, phone so that there is not any trace of when the demo mode of switch on.

My though is that after the first reset something is telling the light to go back to demo mode.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you are having this experience. Can you try this? Instead of waiting for the 10 seconds leave the power disconnected for 5 minutes to let the power totally drain out of the lights. Then follow the recommended power up. I would also try deleting the program before you do this and clear the cache on your browser, phone so that there is not any trace of when the demo mode of switch on.

My though is that after the first reset something is telling the light to go back to demo mode.

I am currently at work, but will try this when I get home in the morning and report back what I come up with. Thank you

679x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna follow this in case I run into the same issue -- I plan on getting the same light. Can't help you out though, unfortunately.

EDIT: oh, looks like there's a button to watch a thread. Didn't know that lol

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna follow this in case I run into the same issue -- I plan on getting the same light. Can't help you out though, unfortunately.

EDIT: oh, looks like there's a button to watch a thread. Didn't know that lol
I'm in the same boat. my 26's just arrived today, but the tank doesn't get here until June.

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you're having problems.

First I ask you the lights are new, or you already had them in your tank, or you bought them to another aquarist, or why you need to reset them?

I do not have Hydra, but I have Ai Prime. Some time ago I had to reset them due to a Router change and I actually lasted about 30 minutes making several attempts and was already angry about not getting it.

Of the 4 Ai Prime I have 2 I managed to reset after several attempts and the other two was more difficult, but in general I only had to remove the lights from my account, then use the button you mentioned in several ways, the one that worked was When I left it pressed and the light began to blink, I released the button and then pressed it once more and immediately released it. That's how I did it, but it really was very difficult.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently at work, but will try this when I get home in the morning and report back what I come up with. Thank you

I am hoping this works for you, I am thinking there is some infomation up in the cloud that after you do a reset, the past information get sent to the light and they go back into demo mode

I'm in the same boat. my 26's just arrived today, but the tank doesn't get here until June.

Setup was my issue with the software tech support walk me through that and @Frederick Edwards demo issue are the only really issue that I have seen people having problems with the AI products.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping this works for you, I am thinking there is some infomation up in the cloud that after you do a reset, the past information get sent to the light and they go back into demo mode

This did not work also. Very aggravating.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have tried this multiple times, maybe I am not doing it right, but it should not be this difficult. I will try again in the morning. AI Support is wanting me to send them info on the light and my receipt, so I will try to reboot in the morning and if it dont work then I will send info to them and see if they are gonna exchange my light

JBslick81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 2 of the Hydra 52 HD one of them keeps falling out of network but it keeps the program I have set luckily. I remember I had a hard time setting mine up as well. One of the lights refused to download a firmware update after multiple attempts. Finally got it. I like the lights but bummed they are not Apex compatible.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back