Hydra 26HD, can't access through myAI app.

stephenhall1987

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
10
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them installed and programmed with the app for years, but all of a sudden my phone app won't connect. My wifi is on and connected to the light, my location is on, I've updated the app, restarted my phone. The lights are still running, I just can't change the settings now.

Motorola One 5g, Android 10
 
I'd try
1. Deleting the app and reinstalling
2. Deleting your lights from the app and starting over.
 
Ok, I just deleted the app and reinstalled it. It still won't connect to the Hydra 26 HDs.
 
I would try to remove the lights from you account then add them again. If that doesn't work maybe a factory reset.
 
It seems I had a bit of an issue getting mine to connect. Are you doing the following?
  1. Hold down the button on the back of the unit until the LED flashes red, then let go
  2. Wait 2 minutes for the indicator light (s) to flash blue/green (light is now hosting a WiFi network).
Here's a link to the AI site with a video

After re-reading your post, it seems you may have completed all of the above. I'd try calling AI and see if they can assist.
 
I had immense trouble with this as well. I ended up needing to go to the links on a PC. Even then, it was not reliable. Though I am very disappointed with Hydra 26HD and Hydra 52HD products, I will admit my Hydra 32HD products connect MUCH better to the wifi. They do have other issues, but I left that thread elsewhere on here.
 
The only way I can connect is when I’m at home and close to my tank.. change your wifi on your phone to hydra do what you need to do then change back to your normal wifi! It’s a pain but it works.
 
The only way I can connect is when I’m at home and close to my tank.. change your wifi on your phone to hydra do what you need to do then change back to your normal wifi! It’s a pain but it works.
Ok, that works, going in the back door through the wifi connection instead of the app. Annoying.



If anyone finds a solution to fix the app I'd love to know.
 
Ok, that works, going in the back door through the wifi connection instead of the app. Annoying.



If anyone finds a solution to fix the app I'd love to know.
Yeah I never found another way myself.. lol
 
Same issue here. I have to have 2 tanks set up. One with everything and one with just the 26. Not idea, but it works.
 
Mine doesn’t even appear in my WiFi anymore to try going that way
 
Since the lights still work, it's probably just the app losing the pairing rather than a connection issue. Have you tried power cycling them or removing and re-adding them in the app?
 
Clear the app's cache if you haven't already—had the same problem after an update and that was the fix.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new