Hydrogen peroxide treatment for ich and valvet

Akka1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’m using hydrogen peroxide in my display system for ich and valvet any help will be appreciated never had this problem be and have lost about a p fish now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’m using hydrogen peroxide in my display system for ich and valvet any help will be appreciated never had this problem be and have lost about a p fish now.
Please post pics of the fish with disease under white light intensity. Regarding Peroxide, it rarely if ever works and regarded as a short cut and the time wasted to try and treat allows given disease to take hold of a given fish. Go with coppersafe or hyposalinity (1.009( in which hypo will stress certain fish.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Akka1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post pics of the fish with disease under white light intensity. Regarding Peroxide, it rarely if ever works and regarded as a short cut and the time wasted to try and treat allows given disease to take hold of a given fish. Go with coppersafe or hyposalinity (1.009( in which hypo will stress certain fish.
Thanks for the info the only problem I have is that I don’t have the space and don’t have wet tank so what can I use that’s effective and that I can use in main system?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

What dose of peroxide are you using and how often are you dosing?

Jay

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

it’s the 6% and I dose in the morning before lights on and the evening when lights are off
Sorry - that’s not what I meant. The dose would be in parts per million. It could also be X milliliters of peroxide per gallon. How much of the 6% do you add to the tank and what is the tank volume? I can calculate your dose from that.

Jay

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back